Corporate website development
This project received 57 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $58 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
We're in the process of redesigning our public website and looked for a front-end developer to complete the roll-out. The design has been finalized and implemented as a WordPress theme. Now that we've taken ownership of the implementation, I'm looking for a developer to help me streamline and enhance our installation. You won't have to design anything, that's been delivered.
Specifically, I'd like to:
- Configure our WordPress installation to support business-owners managing their own content.
- Gracefully degrade to IE8 (maybe IE7).
- Migrate certain content and functionality from our legacy website.
- Locate and fix any bugs in the layout.
- Simplify the layout. Reduce code repetition.
- Maybe incorporate some responsive design elements.
Skills required in order of importance:
- Attention to detail, simplicity of code.
- Experience configuring WordPress (and plug-ins, etc.).
- HTML/CSS with an eye toward supporting legacy browsers.
- PHP, SQL (MySQL)
- Fluid design elements, mobile first, responsive design... buzzwords aside, I just want to keep the future in mind.
About the company:
We are a trade organization supporting the shipping industry on the west coast. We support our member companies and longshoremen working the ports.
About the arrangement:
I'm just another web developer with more work than time, looking for an experienced developer to take this off my plate. It's important you have experience with WordPress. I know it isn't very complicated, but as with any developer the second installation is always much better than the first. This work could done entirely remotely, but some kind of face-to-face would be welcome to engender rapport. Time requirement would be 20 hours/week for 3 months, expandable upward depending on quality of work and your availability.
One final coda:
This summary is phrased casually because I'm a programmer. You will be recognized by management, I'm not paying you to do my work for me.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online