daily deals website using magento CE
This project received 49 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $784 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250-$750 AUD
The project is an e-commerce website that specialises in the offering daily deals to customers in just one country. The website should be designed using Magento. Most of the features available in magento will be needed in this project.
The website should be designed for two languages: English & Arabic. Each version having the same design, however it should be kept in mind that for the
Arabic version, everything goes from right to left as opposed to English.
Review of the features needed:
1) homepage is simple. A sign in box, newsletter subscription box and categories table on the left side of the page (all other pages as well), and right side of the page will have ads on the top, and then each category with its products underneath. The header and footer is also simple and kept the same for all the website pages.
2) Product page is almost similar to the default page in magento, however a lot of features such as ‘add to wishlist’ and ‘add to compare’ along with many other features will be stripped out as they are not needed, however the layout of the page will need modification as illustrated in the prototype (will be given later)
3) My account page will have just a few options: my details, my addresses, my orders, my newsletter subscription and my store credit. Other features will be stripped out.
4) Checkout page is to be kept simple. The process for checkout should all be kept in one step, in contrast with the default magento checkout which takes a few steps.
5) A blog is to be added to the website, can be either an extension of magento or a separate script installed in the website.
Specific features needed:
1) The required address fields to be filled by the user are specific to the country (Oman). The user should be able to select the ‘state & suburb’ from a dropdown menu on when he adds an address. This feature is important and is to be used to calculate shipping and estimated time of delivery when checking out.
2) One important feature to be added is the ability of the user to give the GPS coordinates of his address. The programmer should be able to develop a small platform in the website where the user is transferred into the ‘state &suburb’ in google maps in order for the user to located his house. After the user located the house, the coordinates should be recorded and transferred back to the website.
3) The user should have an option to login through facebook.
4) Since this is a daily deals website, a timer should be added on the product page specifying how much time is left for each product before the deal expires.
5) There should be different shipping methods available based on the state & suburb of the user.
6) Option to share a product through social media should be added.
Other specific needs and details of the prototype will be provided later.
Please apply for this project if you only:
1- Have experience in working with Magento (and not with something else)
2- Have done similar projects (need to give examples)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online