Convert Flash Monster Template Site to Static
This project was awarded to MBQ for $300 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We’ve currently developed an all Flash site using a [url removed, login to view] template.
The client isn’t really happy with the flash load time, as it loads in about 50 seconds and the client read online somewhere that a website should load in only 8 seconds. The client also has lost interest in the movement & animation of Flash, (even after previewing & signing off on the agreed direction...) Of course the rest of us know the difference between Flash & static html, the ups & downs, but oh well... And even at a 50 sec load time, for an all Flash site that’s really not so bad.
I’m a seasoned Web Designer, developer and Art Director that just doesn’t have any more time, to put into this project. I don’t believe that it’s a case of the “Very Picky Client” more, just a client uneducated in the world of websites. I know she means well, and now I need to help get this site up & running with the requested static coding direction. So here’s what I need...
• See: [url removed, login to view]
• need to convert TemplateMonster flash template site to HTML (or php.... What ever, as long as it’s static...) with CSS coding. I did redesign the template a little bit, so everything will need to graphically match accordingly to the current site. You’re more than welcome to use the original Monster Template download package to work with. I have all original files & new files/images all zipped together ready to download via FTP.
• Need Project completed by 05/07/2008 – end of business next week Wednesday the 7th.
• Pretty straight forward 6 pg static site. In fact it’s mostly all text content except for the gallery pg. So pretty simple stuff.
• Will need working contact form.
• I would like all larger images in the gallery to be clickable (click to view full screen..), and to open slimbox or slingbox style in the parent window of the browser. (I will supply larger images for this function)
• Ultimately I will be the one updating this site... So whatever you do decide to do (coding language wise...), please just check with me first. I’m sure anything will be acceptable, I know my way around with most... php, css, ajax, java, sql, html... Etc.
• NO CMS (joomla, drupal, etc...) I’m a huge Joomla fan though, but that would be way over board for this project. Just down, dirty & simple for this one.
• Just to reiterate, the site design needs to stay exactly as it is (with the exception of a few minor changes that I will list below...) so please, no redesign propositions. The client is very happy with the way it looks, just not with the way it functions.
• Text Content is all current & can be cut & pasted from the live site.
• New site should be developed in a different directory than the root. (we need to stay live & un-interrupted during this time...)
• And of course when it’s all said & done, hopefully the site would load in 8 – 12 seconds (roughly...).
• I understand... That I could just code it so the images load dynamically into Flash, cutting down the load time significantly... But at this point it’s been agreed that Flash is just not the way to go for this client.
• I understand... That I could add a bunch of “goto” statements to bypass all of the animation... To help appear static, but again, no Flash.
• Hosted on a [url removed, login to view] economy package server. You will have ftp access to [url removed, login to view] & I can get you other access if you need an SQL DB setup or anything, phpmyadmin etc. I CAN’t however, give you the Godaddy account info as we have a ton of other client projects looming in the same account. I’m pretty savvy though, so whatever you need I will have it for you ASAP.
• I’m on California time... FYI. No biggie, just letting you know.
Additional Client Revisions (according to the site as it is currently...)
• Image Gallery should be labeled as follows... Under the “Residence” section, Lets eliminate the titles Luxury Residence #’s 1 – 4, and just place one title in the same white area, justified to the left, labeled “Featured Projects”. Then the visitor will just click on each of the four images at the top.
• The image gallery scroll bar that slides the thumbnails up & down should be a traditional (normal, default) scroll bar with up & down arrows.
• Have revised copy for “testimonials” will supply when ready.
• On the main template, the large white box that contains the contents of the site sits down on the page a little farther than desired. It’s probably at about 100 or so pixels down now, can we pull it up to about 20 pixels from the top?
I think this about covers it.
Unfortunately I only have about $300 budgeted for this project, FYI.
PM me with any questions.
Yes, I can pay half down first... Or if you’d rather, I can pay total amount immediately upon completion.
I’d like to choose my provider later today, or maybe first thing in the morning.
Thanks. - JR
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online