PHP/MySQL developer to fix spelling mistakes and Ebonics
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $96 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We run a question-and-answer site, and we are in need of a Web developer to fix spelling mistakes and Ebonics in two (2) parts. For instance:
u => you
ur => your
dat => that
datz => thats
kno => know
The left side indicates "what to fix" or the target, and the right side indicates the "fix" or the replacement. This is only a sample list. We require a configurable list in PHP format so that we have the ability to add more entries.
1) We want to have a script that scans our MySQL database. We require the ability to enter (a) the database login credentials (i.e., host, username, password, database name), (b) the database table, and (c) the column names of the database table. The script will check the values of the columns for the "what to fix" or the target, and replace them with the "fix" or the replacement. The script should produce a .sql file containing SQL statements that will update our database. We do not want this script to update the database itself. We want to update our database by manually executing the produced .sql file, which we can review prior to execution.
2) We want ALL our website forms (e.g., question forms, answer forms, comment forms) to automatically fix spelling mistakes and Ebonics so that new database entries are updated on the fly. It does not need to produce a .sql file because it will update the database itself once a user submits a form on our website.
Kindly take note of the following:
- "Is it me? U" should NOT become "Is it me? you"
- "We like you" should NOT become "We like yoyou"
All of the files in our development environment are in Windows format. You must not change the format to Unix format when you upload to our servers.
If the job is not 100% completed to specifications, you agree that there will not be a partial payment made for work done. We pay 100% for complete work and 0% for incomplete work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online