Site/Database Migration to Joomla
This project received 18 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $3214 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$3000-$5000 USD
Migration project of a product website into Joomla from Coldfusion and MS Access.
Our company has reviewed the required steps for moving to the latest version of Joomla. We require migrating our current database content (products, community and forum databases) from MS Access and Excel to mySQL. We also require assistance in combining this data with the proper modules, extensions and templates to make a new Joomla site very integrated and search engine friendly. Most specifically, detailed product pages with photos, features and specs must integrate with galleries, blogs and articles throughout the site.
Our company is seeking a Joomla developer with extensive experience in integrating data into Joomla 1.5 as efficient and secure as possible. We have researched many extensions and components that would work for our needs, but are not opposed to alternatives if they work better with SEO and site functionality. We have developed template design concepts and the site map and are ready to move forward with implementation of the website. We will purchase all necessary extension licenses, maintain design templates and content upon conversion and site launch.
Main features of the site:
• Phase 1 of a multi-site navigation and database integration (setup one database that contains products and content for 4 site domains)
• Product catalog with photo gallery, description, features, specs, related products
• Tagging and integration of products, videos and photo galleries
• Search-friendly site with product thumbnails/details
• Compare products option
• Photo and video galleries, integrated with tagging and other content
• Single user login for site, forum & community (activation and confirmation emails)
• Dealer locator with search functions, logos and Google Maps
• Image download section
• Secure database and programming
Note: We need to be able to maintain not just all the content on the site, but forum posts and members as well.
If you have limited experience, please do not apply. We are seeking someone who holds substantial experience and a vast understanding of this scope of work. In addition, we seek expertise with suggestions to the most efficient and search-friendly methods for development and maintenance.
Thank you in advance.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online