XML import for travel agency
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €477 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget€30 - €250 EUR
We have a travel agency website and we need to import our partner's travel offers (hotel deals, package deals, etc.) through XML to our database, and to check the availability of those ofers when needed.
We need to import from 10 partners that are providing us XML, each one with its own format.
STEP 1. Build a script which imports XML data from our partners
- match our database with the partner's databases for: towns, countries, etc.
- Check if the hotels in our partners databases are already in our database, if they don't exist, create them, if they already exist, use those ones to create offers based on prices from XML
- match the tipe of rooms from our database with the type of rooms from our partner's databases
- make the import from our partner's databases regularly automaticaly (we must be able to set and change how often it should update the data for each partner individually)
- we must be able to modify the prices, both with a percentage or with a fixed amount (we must be able to change those values). If we modify the percentage or the fixed amound that the prices are modified by, all imported offers should be updated with the new values
- every offer has to have a start date and an end date. Start date = when the offer is posted. End date = the last day that has a price offer.
- the descriptions (such as hotel descriptions) must be translated automaticly from English to Romanian using google translate.
Every offer's availability and price must be able to be verified and calculated depending on the number of rooms, period, number of people ( number adults and number and age of the children), number of nights. You must make a form, displayed in each offer, where the client can fill in the period, number of nights, number of rooms, number of adults and children in each room, age of the children in each room. After the customer fills in the form and presses the "check availability" button the offer's availability and price must be checked by XML to the partner's system. If there are more than one option available (for example two different type of rooms they can pick from) they must be able to pick the type of room they want and then be sent from there to the booking form. The form must be made in AJAX.
to our existing search engine you must add a check-box named "search only offers with instant confirmation". If the customer checks that check-box all the offers found by our search engine in our database must be checked in our partner's system, by xml, and only display the offers for which we have available rooms.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online