Upgrade Joomla 1.5 to 3
This project received 41 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1028 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750-$1500 USD
We've a small MIS developed on top of Joomla 1.5 CMS. However, we decided to upgrade it to latest version of Joomla ([url removed, login to view]). These means following tasks:
1. Upgrade joomla core (already done but you can do again if you want)
2. Make current template compatible with latest version
3. Upgrade all extensions. If any extension is not compatible with latest version, you've 3 options.
i) make it compatible by modifying it's source code
ii) rewrite it
iii) find alternative
The following extensions are used:
- Community Builder (just to manage users and groups)
- Fabrik - for building forms
- Logo (com_lqm) - reporting purposes
- 2-4 small custom made extensions
4. Migrate all existing data to new system. Whatever you do with extensions (rewrite, improve, replace) all current data must work. If the data format is different, you've to make them working. For fabrik there are about 100-150 forms.
5. Harden Joomla and give us guidelines to ensure it's maximum security on Windows Server 2008 platform.
If you want to look into the current site, i can provide access to that in private message. However, I will provide access if you seem to be competent. So, please first explain your competency and experiences in Joomla, Joomla Upgrade and writing extensions.
The timeframe for whole job is about 4 weeks.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online