Virtuemart 2 - Limit Buyer to Selected Delivery Locations - Custom Shipment Option
This project received 19 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $570 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
The website is targeting tourist/visitor from other countries or states to purchase from store, and tourist usually want to send to Hotel / Apartment where they stay, and do not know the exact address. So shop owner want to present a friendly list of preset Hotel / Apartment for that State / Region instead of forcing the tourist to enter address manually. However some visitors may want their goods to be sent to home country's address, so there will be option to enter address manually like normal Virtuemart.
FRONT END WHAT BUYER SEE:
1) Buyer checkout and during the delivery page, buyer first fill up standard Receiver's Information like Salution, Full Name, Contact Number and Email. Then select Country to send to. Upon Country selection, the Region/State List in dropdown selector will change accordingly.
2) Buyer then select the Region/State to send to, then “Location Type” dropdown list will change dynamically according to the Region/State selected. The possible values for “Location Type” are “Manually Enter Address”, “Select from Hotel List”, “Select from Apartment List” etc.. These Options can be set up in backend, related to States/Country. In certain states or country, the “Manually Enter Address” or “Select Apartment List” might not be available.
3) At point number 1 and 2 above, all fields / select options are the same. From the moment buyer select “Location Type”, the upcoming fields/ options that will appear at the bottom part of the Location Type selector will be different.
4) If buyer select “Manually Enter Address”, he will be presented with normal Virtuemart address fields like : Address1, Address2, Postcode and City.
5) However if buyer select other than “Manually Enter Address”, for example “Select from Hotel List”, the “Location Name” dropdown selector will appear at the bottom of the “Select from Hotel List” which consist of a preset list of available hotel names for the state/region. If Apartment, the will show list of available apartment and so on..
6) Continue from Item 5 above, don't forget to add another “Location Remarks” message field for buyer to enter exact Hotel Room Number or Which Floor or Lot number and so on. Below that add the last option named “Expected Receiving Date” with small Calendar.
7) End of Delivery part. The best is the Delivery / Shipping Options and Cost can be shown dynamically immediately after buyer selects the State/Region because at that moment, system has gathered sufficient information to calculate the shipping cost such Total Cart Weight / Items, Country and State/Region. This will be the normal Virtuemart way of showing Shipping options except that it is shown on the same page dynamically without jumping to next step. Each Shipping Option name + Calculated Cost . If free delivery is available for that region then Zero cost.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online