Freelance Magento Developer + Mobile
This project received 44 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $16 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$8 - $15 USD / hour
Online specialty Apparel Company with a solid history of steady growth, and a passion for our products and our customers, is looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our team as we prepare for expansion. This critical position will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and enhancing our new Magento web site. This position will work closely with the Marketing and Design team to constantly improve site functionality and user experience to support company-wide goals and strategies. This is a part-time opportunity to join a growing team in a great work environment. Our offices are in Chicago, IL.
• Magento Administration, customization, configuration
• Evaluation and implementation of plug-ins and 3rd party APIs, including evaluation of functionality on DB performance, infrastructure and security
• Custom Magento modules using object oriented PHP and Magento API’s
• Continual improvement of our website, creating aesthetically pleasing, high-functioning, fast-loading and easy to use eCommerce site(s) in conjunction with Marketing/Design team
• Ongoing website maintenance and troubleshooting, cross-browser testing and implementation
• Zend Framework or other MVC frameworks (ie. Symfony, CodeIgnitor, CakePHP, Larave
• Ability to rapidly debug issues and solve problems
• SEO/ Marketing
• Oversee product catalog integration and help with building custom features for configurable products
• Recognize and evaluate performance critical areas
• Rapidly fix bugs or take your time to solve hard problems well
Advanced Experience with Magento and Magento theming
• Ability to write well and have healthy conversations (English)
• Interest in and awareness of best practices in software development
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Is a PHP Expert who is passionate about creating elegant code to solve specific problems
• Is a voracious learner who enjoys staying in top of technology trends and is not content to stand still and wait to be told what to do or learn next
• Works collaboratively and communicates openly. Gives input based on knowledge of features, processes and limitations within design/development process
• Enjoys finding creative solutions to solve problems that other people give up on
• Has excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects and tasks
• 3+ years hands on, object-oriented PHP experience
• Hands on experience configuring and supporting Magento implementations
• Ability to create custom Magento modules using object oriented PHP and Magento API’s
• Experience working with databases (MySQL)
Like to think about the best way to execute something for long term sustenance rather than short term easy ways out.
• Appreciate beautiful code and good design, even for internal applications.
• Are creative problem solvers that enjoy creating things that haven’t necessarily been done before?
• Magento e-commerce experience.
• Agile development experience.
• Are skilled with web service design + implementation (e.g. REST, JSON-RPC, SOAP/WSDL).
• Have an appreciation for puns and witty writing.
• Have experience in iOS and Android
• Magento Developer Certification
• Linux web server administration experience (PHP configuration, MySQL, etc.)
Please send your resume and cover letter to and tell us something about yourself and what you are looking for next in your career.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online