PHP email bounce handler, update MySql database
This project was awarded to techniques for $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
We have a few e-mail accounts (normal POP3) which we use as senders for sending emails to our registered members (absolutely no spam). We get soft bounces like "out of office" etc. and hard bounces like "receiver unknown" etc..
We would like a PHP program (started as cron job) to:
1. Fetch a given number of bounce emails from mail accounts specified in database.
2. Analyze the bounces and find the reason
3. Update mysql database with mailbounces and set a code for the reason. Also set a code for: Permanent errors like
receiver unknown resp. temporary errors like mailbox full. No code or error for soft bounces like "Out of office".
4. Delete the handled emails from email account
Today we use a windows software named "Email bounce handler", [url removed, login to view] If you study this software you understand what kind of analyze we need. We can provide the setting we are using.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online