Automate FTP script
This project was awarded to Svetulcho for $35 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$100 USD
I'm looking for a way to automate an FTP transfer. These are the steps that have to be done (I'll explain why in a minute):
(1) FTP a CSV text file that is compressed with gzip, ([url removed, login to view])
(2) Unpack the file to memory or to my own server.
(3) Transfer the information found in the CSV file to an SQL database (possibly MySQL, SQL Server--we've got options)
Then later I would like to run SQL queries on that data, but that's not a part of this project. This script would need to be run once a day so the 4th step is:
(4) A script of some sort that runs once a day and executes the other script or program. It also maybe backs up the former database before it updates it.
I don't care what language you use but I'm interested to see if there is a way to do this in [url removed, login to view], Perl or PHP. I am looking for either someone to walk me through the project how to do it in [url removed, login to view], Perl, etc. or someone who can do the entire project on their own in a timely fashion. I put a low budget on this project but if it costs more I'm flexible -- I just want to pay how much it's worth.
When you give your bid I would like specifics on how you will accomplish this project (i.e. languages, platform, methods, etc.) and how long it will take. I have not select a host server yet so this could be on a Microsoft or Linux server, it depends on what language I end up using for the scripts.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online