Php + MySql + Social Networking
This project received 25 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $257 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100-$200 USD
* I want a custom social networking site created from scratch
* Site must be coded? in *raw* php (no existing social networking framework/scripts)
* I will provide most of the database design.? Your work will mostly? involve? providing elegant and robust php frontend to the database (and of course suggesting database enhacements too).
* I will be splitting the project into sub-tasks, and the coder will receive payments on completing milestones
* The? coder? should provide simple but elegant design and layout as per my needs.
* Post your bid only for a "very basic", robust,? social networking website framework that only involves:
? ? i) user? profile (privacy, login security are important)
? ii) inviting friends
? iii)? adding friends and viewing list of friends, their friends, etc.
? iv)? adding communities and becoming part of communities
## Dont bid for any advanced features like? chat, seding messages, etc.
## We can modify the bid,? dealine etc as the project progresses and? features are added
? I will? choose coder based on the a) bid for basic framework mentioned above / b) our communication? and c) past experience. The complete project will involve custom features, for which? we? can decide the pricing as we go along.
Data security, authentication are very important? - please bid only if you have experience with such a thing.
? ? ?
* I am looking for extremely modular, clean and efficient code, with brief comments as documentation.
* Dynamic templates / CSS must be used for layout etc.
* Reiterating - modular code and efficiency are most important for my project
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Sep 28, 2009 12:56:04 PM:
Hi, Thanks all for your interest. I had two questions (please ignore if you already received pm from me). 1) Have you used md5 with salting before? What other security mechanisms have you used before? 2) If your resume does not have previous social networking web development experience: Can you tell me what should the database for a basic social networking site look like (what will be the main tables, important fields and relations)? Thanks for the interest, Regards, JP
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Sep 29, 2009 12:50:08 PM:
Dear all. Thanks for the responses to the questions. I am analyzing each mail and feel fortunate to have opportunity to get some experts like you interested in my project. Please bear with me for a day more to analyze the responses and get back to you. regards, JP
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Oct 1, 2009 12:05:23 PM:
Hi all, When talking to you, I found out that I have not been clear about the simplicity of my first phase requirements: I am looking for VERY BASIC framework - i)no chat, no scraps, no testimonials, no posting messages (either to friends or communities) ii) no photo uploading, no ratings of anybody, no status messages, no profile views, no poking, etc. iii) Infact for phase 1, no user profiles, friend invitations, or even privacy settings I am looking for "just the cake" - no icing - if you know what I mean. just these features: 1) Existence of users and their friend relation (as simple, bare minimal & efficient as possible). 2) Existence of communities and users joining communities. (absolutely nothing else) I have spent slightly longer time than expected, mostly because I was unable to convey that I only require the basic tables and their relations in the first phase, with simple user interface. I am interested in starting work as soon as possible, so I am reposting the "First phase" as another project for only few selected ones from the list and we can start tomorrow. Thanks & Regards, JP
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online