Senior developer (team) for large youth holiday booking application.
This project received 47 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €7282 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budgetmin €5000 EUR
= Who are we? =
We are a Belgian youth touring operator that organizes language holidays.
To keep our 3000+ bookings/year go smoothly and at the same time organize many different formulas (youth holidays, school trips and excursions) we rely on an in-house developed python web application.
= What needs to happen? =
We have a fully functioning system (called clipadmin v2.0), the current code is badly structured that it became very hard to change or add functionality. The project consists of doing a remake of the program. Bringing us to v3.0. That's why we need you!
The functional requirements can be accessed on our internal wiki, ask for login credentials through PM and we will provide it. We don't impose any specific technology (Python, RoR, PHP were just examples), we leave that choice up to the developer. Keep in mind that we want to access our application through the web.
Deadline: November 2013, during the coming 3 months we have interns to assist you in the process. So best to do the bulk of the development from mid-May to mid-August. For us things can go fast, if you make a good offer we are willing to start next week.
= Who are we looking for =
* A senior developer with at least 5 years of experience.
** The senior developer can lead a team with less experienced programmers.
* A person/team who is a long time freelancer on which we can count in the mid/long term
* Can make enough time to finish this project in a couple of months.
* Good communication skills, Good level of English.
= Interested? =
Make us an offer, in the proposal we expect the following items to be treated
Send us first the introduction part of proposal
* we give the liberty of choosing a technology. In return we want to see, linked to the specific needs of our project, an argumentation for
** the use of particular programming language
** specific framework
** used modules: Please do not reinvent the wheel and use many well tested modules. (example: in rails this would be the gems).
* information on the person/developer team. State the expertise and timezone of each person.
** how many hours per week will a you be able to reliably allocate
** what experience do you have working with/managing a team, agile projects, startups if any
* On which solution the application can be hosted. We want a quick cost calculation. (ex: AWS, heroku, dedicated, ..)
** system administration is not a part of the project. However if your team is capable of setting us up, we will likely hire your services.
If we agree with the intro part, you can go along and dive into the specifics of the requirements to make the actual proposal (why? if we are not interested in the technology or team you put forward it is a waste of your time to get into this level detail)
* We want the fixed price and/or estimated time needed for each domain of requirements separately (from domain 2.1 to 2.8 & [url removed, login to view]), see wiki.
** sections [url removed, login to view] are still being worked on and will be finished in the coming week. Just quickly go through it to see more or less if the chosen technology is able to support it
** sections [url removed, login to view] are about logistics, we still need to finetune this program in the 2.0 before we provide the requirements for 3.0, however in the wiki article CLIP for IT'ers you can read a summary of what this program should be capable of. Again to get a grasp of how it will later integrate with the application.
** We are open to both fixed price as hourly rate. Provide us the one where you feel most comfortable in, or both.
* Mention the steps we will go through to startup the project, and once we are in requirement 'attacking' mode how the interactions will work between us (business side) and you (developers)
** Provide information on the development process you'll use. How the flow will look like. (Agile, when & how you'll be pushing to servers, etc)
= MISC =
- In attachment you'll find what we have to offer.
- Got questions, don't hesitate to contact us through pm
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online