This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1269 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$300 - $1500 USD
We are currently starting a new project based on Joomla and VirtueMart.
We installed the latest versions freshly and setup a second test database as wel to test all modifications before implementing to the live system. There is no risk in dataloss yet as the website has not gone live yet and no clients have been served so far.
We are looking for an expirienced Joomla/VirtueMart developer who can write custom mods for us.
Requirements developer (because long term relation is most likely possible) :
* Fluent in English or Dutch
* developer must be reachable throughout the project by e-Mail, MSN, SMS. Feeback about develop status is very important as we had some bad expiriences before with developers who never gave any feedback or always with excuses and then they dissapeard.
* Developer must have proven skills in Joomla/VirtueMart developments
Modules/Changes needed :
1. MultiStore Module for VirtueMart:
The idea is to run one main admin inferface (super admin) but with the possibility to handle different stores.
In example: the super admin can setup a store for a client, implement the template, activate or deactivate modules, be the main epayment adminstrator of the system, manage discount codes etc. The "normal user" (our client) can also log into VirtueMart, but with less rights. He/She can add products of course and do his CMS on his/her own store. But no critcal advanced changes.
I know it is in the development tracker on VirtueMart. But so far it is not completed. So it must be possible anyway.
2. Ordersystem where client can customize his her product with line of free text and photo
We currently run a succesfull eshop ([url removed, login to view]). In this shop people can order in example a mug. This mug is printed with a picture that the client uploads and has a line of free text. Next to mugs, t-shirts, towels, balloons etc we also sell very popular calendars. So in some cases the client needs to upload 12 pictures (each month in the calendar is represented with another photo). This shop works very well as it is now and I have of course all the PHP code. But I want to make it more modern and have it run over Joomla so I can use the polls, languages, ...
What will be difficult:
*the upload animation. We never got it 100% working. When a client uploads a picture a progress bar should show, there is one know php script that works with cgi, but it is not 100% failproof. Maybe it needs to be done with a flash animation.
* The client follow up needs to be done in a backoffice system, so we can see what was ordered and it needs to hold a zip file with the uploaded pictures. The server can compress all pictures to pjpeg and make it into a [url removed, login to view] zipfile. We use it now, and it works brilliant. Of course e-mails should be automatically sent to the client thanks for your order and blah blah and we should also receive an e-mail that an order was placed.
* When the client pays using a wiretransfer and we check it manually we should be able to set the status to paid, and it should send out a link to the supplier where he can dowload the order (details of client order and zip file with the pictures)
* This shop works commission based. So in the VirtueMart pricing fields there should be an extra field called commission. (40% of the unit price ex vat) At all times we should be able to see how much we earned and how much we need to pay the supplier.
* As extra -not obligated- we where thinking of an e-card mod, where a client can upload a picture and send it as an ecard to family with some text and of course some advertising of us.
* All products should have the possibility to be show enlarged (popup window or similar)
* If possible at all (if not ok, don't worry) we see that many album printing companies need you to download software, create an album in there software layout and than the data is sent by ftp to the company who prints the album. Is there a clever way to fully do this online? If not that's fine. No concrete plans in this direction yet
The above might look complicated, but please know that we already have this shop with all the above running for several years. So I have all source PHP in case you need it to use it in the mod.
3. Future Mod
We also look to create a Flash Communication Server Script. Let me know how good you are with Flash Action Script (Communication Server) webcam applets. We have already working scripts which can be analysed for implemation. Instead of showing products on a page, it could be possible to show online webcampeople as well. When But this is something that can be looked at later if your skills are good enough :)
Budget & Planning:
Please reply with your budget split out over the above modules requirements and eventually why or why not it can('t) be done.
We also want to see some live references and your estimated development time. We need a dedicated developer (team) that give a weekly staus report and can be reached easily. After go live that remain 5 days available for bug fixing
We can give you a fresh and ready to test/develop Joomla/VirtueMart installation
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online