Backend database and sales system
This project was successfully completed by themexlx for $1500 USD in 30 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500-$3000 USD
Completed In30 days
Customer database and sales system freelancer job
Make improvements to an existing subscription based website
(1) Make small changes to homepage (implementation of design) and the design and functionality of subscription pages
(2) Create a backend customer database and sales system that is well connected to the profile forms and payment system of the front end
The site has been built on Joomla. It currently operates so that 50% of the site is free and 50% is behind a paywall that can be accessed through a premium subscription. Payments are currently made through paypal. Little information is connected at present apart from customers being listed on joomla as users.
- Implement design and functionality changes to the homepage
- Make changes to the subscription form – subscription forms to connect with database of customers (profile will be something that members can fill out additional information towards fully completing their profile – this will then continue to update their information in the backend). People will only have to put in an email and password that will create them a profile and give them a 7 day free trial of all the content (including that behind the paywall) and after 7 days they will be required/prompted to sign up (they will continue however to remain members of the site and on our database), they can sign up for our premium subscription service from there and they only have to fill in additional profile information if they so choose (in the future we intend to establish a system that tracks the content read by a member so that we can suggest to them related content at their profile page and by email – the provision for this should be in the first stage but this will be a second stage development. In the future we intend to expand the functionality of the website so that through their profile page they can share content with other site users and through social media, and add their own content in the form of blogs, comments and videos – this should be considered now)
- ability for members of the site to reset their password via email
- add online merchant system (merchant system from a bank) to the already established paypal payment option
- The database and sales system will consist of 11 pages that interconnect (with additional work to be done for a reporting system after database and sales functionality completed – this to be completed as a 2nd phase project – so please do not quote on reporting system at this stage)
- Database will store all the profile information of customers and users of the database will be able to search as per selected variables
- The customer database and sales system will have three levels of users and need to be able to add new users
- Sales agents that use the backend system will have their own page with their customers and details
- Ability to add new customers to the system through the backend
- We have an existing voucher coding system that allows us to provide discounts at the subscription page, however we want users (sales agents) of the new system to be able to add new customers into the backend system and generate a voucher code that then allows a selected number of uses of that voucher code
- Potentially link the database to an EDM system – advise on possibility? (currently we use createsend for all our EDM’s)
The site needs to be built with clear and simple coding so that additional work to both the sites front end and database/sales system can be easily done in the future.
Wireframes, pages of database design and functionality lists available on request.
We are ideally looking to establish a good relationship with a developer who would like become our developer for ongoing improvements to the site in the future for our growing business.
This may be difficult to quote on so a price range or guestimate is sufficient to proceed to further negotiation.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online