PHP Script for Posting Text Lines
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $321 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$50 USD
I need a script written that will allow a visitors to a website to be able to post a line of text on the homepage. This will be a user contributed site. Each user will post one line of text. The text will start from top line and each post under to follow. The content will be the lines that are posted under each other and will continue to run down the page forever.
- one long continuous column down page (no pagination by default, but want option if visitor desires)
- Each line needs administrator approval.
- Each line to have line number. Toggle on/off option for visitor
- Captcha sign up.
- Option for email confirmation to approve member sign up.
- Admin notified of sign up
- Add one line at a time - character limit needed (specified in admin backend)
- Admin notified when user posts a line of text
- Must be signed in to be able to post text line.
- bad words filter ( real time feedback). Want to be able to disallow any bad words to be posted. Admin chooses bad words
- email and name required data collected for user account
- option to do address
- state and country (to show where each line came from. This will be default on homepage next to each line of text. Represented by flag symbol)
- Tell a friend. Right after it's approved by admin and posted, viral message sent to user’s email to tell a friend. Message will capture the line number so friend can see the line of text.
- Post on Facebook status option with link back to site with line that was posted
- Need user rights
Admin= all, Create User, etc.
Editor= Change/update member accounts. Email users.
- bad words filter update
- ability to change character count
- ability to change anything in member accounts
- Need ability to approve/reject line items.
- Ability to email. Specific user, all or unlisted etc.
IDEA of FLOW:
World will see last approved text line when visiting homepage.
Those who want to submit, will log in and will see last 5 (or so, would like this to be a variable that admin can change) approved lines with their own ‘pending’ lines underneath listed as ‘grayed’ or ‘washed out’ font . World won’t see these grayed lines.
Admin will approve or reject the ‘pending’ lines.
I just need the basics. Not needing design of webpages. I'm proficient with PHP and MySQL and need someone else to do this project. This could grow into larger project later on. Thank you for your time.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online