customers application vb.net /sql server
This project received 17 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1219 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $5000 USD
please see deliverables section ahead:
* UPDATE 3* an additional task on this project: please see chapter (14)
*UPDATE 2* an existing ms access application that does most of the things for this project currently exists. all forms in this .net project will be provided to the winning bid as screenshots with sketches on them to explain the exact needs of the required application.
*UPDATE 1* also, a full database will be supplied. the database will be in ms access format. no modifications will be needed except for converting it to sql server (you don't need to keep any data, just use the structure)
the application will do the following:
1) manage customers:
a) customers list form- with a sortable and updateable grid (the user can add/ hide fields he wants to the list)
b) customer details- with a list of fields and tabs:
b.1) double clicking phone numbers will dial the number through the modem/ fax card (if a preceding number needs to be dialed it will be entered through the appilcation control panel)
b.2) double clicking fax numbers will fax an attachment with preceding text to the number using the modem/ fax card.
b.3) double clicking email fields will open a pop window with custom email messages list to choose from (and option to delete/ update/ add a saved message) after that the default email client / the builtin email client (see chapter 14) will open with the email field, message, and a custom signature.
b.4) tabs of customers tasks, notes, contacts, invoices, and workhours.
b.5) a built in file explorer that opens the customer files with options to email/ print/ scan new files. each file has a free text note.
2) manage tasks list- with option to attach files to a task and to make a complete task into workhours.
3) manage workhours.
4) invoices list.
5) invoice detail- a part of the invoice can be an expanse. the invoice will calculate GST (a control panel variable).
6) private calendar - showing a daily/ weekly/ monthly visual list of tasks / workhours and reminders (similar to ms outlook calendar).
7) common calendar - calendar items that are marked as public items are shown both in the private and in the common calendar.
8) expanses list- with an option to scan/ view reciepts.
9) suppliers list.
10) work hours list.
11) virtual bank balance sheet- showing invoices and expanses sorted by their dates (looks like a bank balance sheet) . also upon entering a date and current real bank balance it will calculate (in a visual way) the future bank balance.
12) recieving a call will look the call-id number in the application records and will pop up with a task bar balloon message presenting the caller id and an option to open its details page if it exists in the database (suppliers/ customers).
13) report generator- where the user can composite his own reports/ save report definitions/ load saved report definitions. the user can choose fields to show, report criteria, and report sortings.
14)building a simple email client that will allow email accounts definitions. reading/ forwarding/ replying emails. an option for filing email messages by customers/ suppliers. also an option for autoforwarding email message to customers/ suppliers folders based on the senders (same mechanism for treating junk email)
1. all forms will have the following buttons:
a. MS Office export button- export to MS excel / MS word depending on the content type of the page (lists will export to excel, various details will export to ms word)
b. print button.
c. pdf export button- you can use a free third party software for this if you want.
d. email button- exports to pdf and email using current email client.
e. update / save buttons - after updating a field and trying to exist the form without saving a confirm message pops up.
2. all forms must be very easy to use.
3. all forms must be designed in a functional and aesthetic way.
4. all forms must allowed RTL language support (usually not a problem for VS 2005)
5. the application will have users login with 3 users permission groups (manager- can do everything, operator- can view/ work on his own records only, and read-only)
6. Main operations such as adding new record/ deleting records will be recorded in a log table containing the user, time and operation details.
7. all list forms will have a few filters (combo boxes that will filtered out the list upon a field value)
8. the code will be writen in a clear way, and will be separated into modules.
9. the handout will include a full documented code, and an install package generator that contains an option to create a trial period installation package, or a full installation that has a lock and key. the lock must be random upon each installation, and the key should be generated by a separate application (not for disturbution) upon typing a given lock number.
installation files should be machine dependent and can't use to run the application from another machine.
- if you problems with this security method, you're welcome to offer other anti-hacking options that you are more familiar with.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
[url removed, login to view] / sql server
must be built with VS 2005
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online