Finish Client Project (CMS) or Rebuild if it is Easier
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $570 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Hello programmers and website developers. We have a project here for a client that needs to be completed or rebuilt using either the existing CMS coding (which be aware, we have been told is "buggy") or, rebuilding it as a properly working framework so we can use it on all future client projects (with or without some of the features needed for this project). We have attached a document which outlines ALL of the required functionality for this project...whether it is corrections & changes to what is existing or you are to rebuild it.
Please see the following:
1) Read the entire document that has been attached - we do not want to hear that you "browsed through it" or "will look later"
2) We are looking to build a long term, lasting relationship with you and your team. This is not a one-time-project. We have many, many client projects and need a dependable coder/coder team. You will make a lot of money with us in the times to come if you treat us right and do the right thing. -> We would like to know other skills you/your team possess as to keep them in mind for other projects (mobile app development, flash work, etc.).
3) You WILL BE building/coding this project on the client's server. This is non-negotiable! Client must be able to see updates and progress daily or bi-daily.
4) Unfortunately, we have been burned with Freelancer too many times. We have attempted to have this (and other) projects done, have paid milestones, and then the developer has disappeared. So....you will be paid, IN FULL when the project is complete and the client has approved it. THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE - if you do not agree with this, then please do not bother bidding. For future projects, once we have a relationship, you will be provided deposits on work to be done with balances paid upon completion.
5) Communication is key! We need you to stay in touch with us to let us know how you are progressing. We EXPECT email updates of progress, along with communication over chat when needed. If you are a company, and you have a personal emergency, there is no reason why another staff member cannot update us (we are sick of hearing about family sickness, floods, power outages and other bs).
6) If you bid with a price, that is the price. We will not tolerate adjusted pricing or quotes after we pick you.
7) The budget is not large on this project (not more than 500), nor should it be as an experienced coder should be able to develop this in a week or two. If you keep this in mind, you will make up much cost on other projects we give you. Bids out of range will not be selected.
If you cannot agree and understand these 7 points, please do not waste our time.
As mentioned above, this project is for a client's website; it requires CMS work to existing or a rebuild if that is quicker and easier for you, and the tie in to the frontend (with of course, possible frontend edits). Functions in cms include page and menu building with editor for content control, photo galleries management, updating of various posts, the viewing of submitted form data from frontend, an email system with option management to send newsletters and announcements, group/department and user backend logins, and some other functions (once again, the document notes everything single item in full detail).
You can work with the existing coding or rebuild it in whatever framework is needed if that is quicker and easier. However, visually, the CMS must appear the same as what you see in the document and it must cover all functions noted. We want to be able to use the cms over and over again for clients, with some of the same features for this project or perhaps with less or perhaps different features.
Please keep in mind we are looking for someone (preferably some people) to have an easy and lasting relationship with us. We have other projects that you can have as well IMMEDIATELY if we see progress on this one (6 total waiting right now).
Ok, happy bidding!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online