Fundraising / Crowdfunding website
This project received 42 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $7147 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
here's what's needed:
A site that allows visitors to fund raise for impoverished kids. Based on giving money to charity, or peer funding, the website is split into 2. An interface for charity administrators to register and manage pages for they're kid's fundraising pages as well as an interface for people to donate money to kids.
Consider these separately:
A. Kids pages
1. The ability to register kid (s). This can be individual, or can be grouped for multiple kids.
2. The ability to upload pics / videos of kids.
3. The ability to blog about kids and for users to comment on. (charity admin to moderate comments before publishing)
4. On profile pages, below profile pics and details like name, city, country, etc, you should have donation / fundraising widgets with a fundraising thermometer eg. [url removed, login to view]
Each kid can have a up to 5 widgets or 'funds' which can run at the same time. A small description should be under each widget. Each fund has it's own page, which also shows the donation widget, a description of what it's about, fund goal, embed codes etc for those who want to display the fund on a different platform. Examples of funds are - School fund, Fundraising for a school trip, Fundraising for an operation..etc. The charity admin registers an account for a kid, they then create a fund and share the fundraising page on their social profile pages like Facebook, twitter, etc.. In fact, anyone can embed a fundraising page on their website (think along the lines of embedding a YouTube video.
5. The ability for charity admin to manage funds. eg. withdraw moneys (fully or partially), the ability to close a fund (it should remain on display for as long as the account is open, users should not be able to donate to a closed fund), the ability to create a fund (including details like goals, milestones, targets, etc....)
6. A date stamp of each fund detailing things like, date it was created, when money was withdrawn, how much money was withdrawn (reason provided by charity admin for withdrawal), when someone donated money, a time stamp should be added (including their name and how much) etc.... Literally listing actions that occurred to the fund.
7. Withdrawal of monies - ideally into a bank account, but site owner is open to suggestions.
8. Donor list - each donor will be listed with the amount donated, and a time stamp
B. Donating monies
1. Anyone can donate money to a fund, all that's required is for anyone to enter an amount, enter their name, press a donation button, and Paypal to complete the transaction. All transactions will be processed by Paypal.
2. The site owner takes a percentage of the donated amount so this will need to be applied to the model.
3. Money is added to the fund (held in the site owners account until time of withdrawal) and the donation widget is updated on the fly.
4. There is no need to register to donate money.
The whole donation / fundraising pages should look similar to kickstarter's ([url removed, login to view]) ie, image with horizontal progress bar. The layout should be the same
Front page should have a search button (eg: [url removed, login to view]), include fields such as first name, last name, country(drop down), town / city (drop down),
Front page layout of beenverified's website is perfect. Site owner will add sliders and videos underneath search field.
Front page should have a button to create a new account for a kid
search results should behave and look exactly the same as beenveried's with the addition of the profile picture of the kid's account.
Search results to also include the charity admins name and the kids full / nickname (these should be captured at account registration stage).
Also, the site needs to be very Mobile friendly! An app will be designed based on your work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online