Newspaper CMS (URGENT)
This project received 47 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1030 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250-$750 USD
Please read the description below carefully and apply only if you think you are suitable for the job.
We are looking for a Web Developer to work on a news website project.
A newspaper in USA that gets published every two weeks offering news in USA. The website offers both articles from the paper and online-only daily news.
What makes this project interesting is that the current site has been designed over 10 years ago and it is built entirely with HTML. The challenge is to move from old technology and standards to a new one while creating a new site design that will offer seamless transition for our readers from old way of reading our news to a faster, more convenient and interactive experience. We expect exponential growth from this revamp and positive feedback from our readers.
The site is being designed by the internal team and a file in PSD format will be provided.
HTML, CSS, jQuery
Responsive and mobile device compatible
Semantic code and SEO friendly structure
Light and fast to load
Fast and easy to use interface and tools
Preferred Open source CMS: WordPress, Joomla or Drupal
• You must be a PHP Developer who has experience with CMS (including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal) and front-end development with HTML, CSS and jQuery.
• Must have expert knowledge and experience with Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal and can advise best solution for the project, to the detail of most appropriate plugins/extensions required to meet the feature requirements.
• Experience in responsive site development
• Knowledge of SEO and SEF URLs
• Expert in site performance optimization
• Knows how to make a site rock-solid secure and hack-free
• Have basic design skills and understand its importance
• Ability to manage timelines well and follow-up on work without delay
• Bonus points for those who have experience with News Website development.
In web development, we believe these 3 pillars are very important to a success of a project. We will select a developer who believes in them.
1. Deadline is extremely important
You must respect Project Timeline and milestones. Work must be delivered on time.
2. Good user experience counts
You’ve got an eye for detail, especially when it comes to design. We believe the site can grow exponentially if it offers a good user experience and that only comes with a good mix of design and programming.
3. Code with Passion
We’re looking for people who will dedicate time and energy to complete a given project and will feel proud about the accomplishment. Sharing ideas and finding most appropriate solution to a given problem, even if it defies what’s stated in the original requirement, will be encouraged in this project.
We’re also looking for long-term prospects as we have plans to revamp other sites in the group. We’d also be introducing more marketing features and interactive sections to our news site in the near future. So, if we love you for your work, we will consider hiring you full-time.
How should we communicate?
During selection: Introduction chat and Interview on Skype/Google Hangout
Project Brief: Skype
During project: Via email daily and once a week Skype to update project status and iron out any issues.
Got what it takes?
Apply to this job with a response that include the following:
1. Your personal/company profile and experience
2. Samples of past work related to news site and WP/Joomla/Drupal
3. What’s your approach for this project? How would you build the site?
4. Your preferred date and time (with timezone) for an introduction chat.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online