Website for users to upload photos and share with other users
This project was successfully completed by waleedlutfi for $133 USD in 10 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In10 days
I would like to implement a feature on my website that will allow users to upload their own photos. Once uploaded, a moderator will need to approve the photo and then it will be given its own page. On each photo page, users can click to the next photo and click links to share on Twitter, Facebook, etc. The site should operate similar to Imgur, but will be much more basic. Comment capabilities won't be necessary. This is for a small niche website where users will be able to upload photos of their pets.
I apologize if there are unanswered questions here. I have in my head how I want this to work and hopefully I explained it well enough. Here is a step-by-step process to how this would work:
1) User visits the page and sees photos from other users.
2) User visits a section of the page where they can upload their own photo, and this is somehow flagged for a moderator to approve (email?)
3) The user will enter a title for the photograph when they upload it, for example "My fun photo". They will also be able to select categories for the photo using checkboxes (cats, dogs, horses, etc.).
4) Once approved, a unique URL is created for the photo based on the title that was given. All photos will be formatted to have the same width (they can have varied heights). In this example the address would be in the format [url removed, login to view] and the photo would be saved as [url removed, login to view] The title of the page should include the title of the photo ("My fun photo - [url removed, login to view]"). The moderator will be able to change the name and categories of the photo while approving. If a name for the photo is already taken, a number should be added to the end ([url removed, login to view]).
5) The page [url removed, login to view] will have links to share the photo (facebook, twitter, etc.), go to the next photo (sequential based on the date the photo was added so if you click 'next' you will be taken to older and older photos). This page will also show the categories it is part of and the user can click on the name of the category and be taken to that category page. This page will also have a navigation bar on the left side and advertisements on the right side. The navigation bar will list all the categories including the home page and a link to upload photos.
6) Each category page will display thumbnails and titles of all photos in that category (3 across x 10 down) and the user can also click through to the next 30 thumbnails and so on. The first page of thumbnails will start with the photos that have been most recently added and go in order until you get to the oldest photos.
7) The home page for the site will be the same as a category page except it will include photos from all categories starting with the newest (3 across x 10 down).
8) The user will receive an automatically generated email when their photo is approved that will let them know where to find it so they can share it. It would be optional for users to provide their email in order to receive a notification.
I posted this project before but did not provide enough details. If you previously responded I apologize that I had to post this again and hopefully you have a better understanding of my needs. Please let me know what questions you have and bid as much or as little as you would need to complete all components of this project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online