Excel macro coding
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
Request for Programming Quote
Programming language: Excel macro
Operating System: Windows
Versions: Run in XP, Vista, Windows 7
1. Define all variables at the beginning of the program to avoid using literals.
2. From an Excel workbook sheet go to the web site [url removed, login to view] using the Windows default Internet browser (Firefox version 3 or Internet Explorer version 7) allowing for either browser to be used. Firefox is the users’ current default browser.
3. Sign in to the web site using Sign in: xxxxxxxxxxxxx, password: xxxxxxxxxx (actual Sign in and password will be supplied later). The web site will be Yahoo, Finance, My Portfolios. It will be a list of stocks and their last trade. Some stocks will say “No such ticker symbol Filler. …??.
4. On the web page under My Portfolio open the one called “Fri close??.
5. On the webpage click on the “download spreadsheet?? button. When downloading in Firefox there will be a dialog box confirming the [url removed, login to view] should be downloaded using Excel.
6. From the downloaded Excel spreadsheet perform a copy function obtaining the column and rows to copy from variables defined at the beginning of the macro.
7. Perform an Excel Paste Special with the following two options selected: Values and Transpose.
8. Exit the macro.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Nov 16, 2009 2:01:16 PM:
11/16/09. Requirements changed to Excel macro code. Visual Basic requirement removed.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online