Update Existing Wordpress Theme
This project was successfully completed by tamamanoj for $170 USD in 6 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In6 days
I am in the process of converting a Wordpress Blog to an article directory. The URL is Gradversity.com.
I will be doing this using the “Article Directory Wordpress Plugin” (found at [url removed, login to view]).
What I need is for someone to take the default theme for this plugin (found at [url removed, login to view]) and make minor updates to it based on the following specification.
A demo of the Article directory theme can be found at [url removed, login to view]
1. All pages will be W3C compliant and work identically in all major browsers (IE 6-9, Firefox 5, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
2. Theme should be called “Gradversity v5.0”
3. The page will be 1000px wide and centered, as per my current blog. I believe this theme is the same width.
4. The red colors in the theme (headers, labels, buttons) will be changed to blue to match my existing color scheme at Gradversity.com.
5. The header will contain my logo (on the left) and space for a advertising banner (728x90). Clicking the logo will take you to the home page.
6. The menu bar will be left aligned and contain the pages seen on my current blog (except the “Contributors” Page. There should also be a button for “Submit Article” (which is currently called "Author Panel").
7. The “Submit Article” button will take the user to the author panel.
8. On the right side (where the search bar currently is), the existing search bar will be replaced by a Google search bar (I will provide the code).
9. There should be only 1 sidebar instead of two. The sidebar should be large enough to allow a rectangular ad unit (336x280) to fit perfectly inside. I should be able to place other ad units as I see fit.
10. See the homepage wireframe mockup attached to this post for the desired homepage layout (Home Page [url removed, login to view]).
11. The “STICKY POST” section (see wireframe) would show the summary of any Sticky Post as marked on the “Edit Post” page. It should not show the full post.
12. The “MOST RECENT ARTICLES” section (see wireframe) should show the summaries of the 3 latest posts started with the newest at the top. It should not show the full post.
13. The “CATEGORY BREAKDOWN” section is the same section as seen in the theme demo ([url removed, login to view]).
14. The author login fields should be moved from the sidebar widget to the body portal on the Author Panel login page (Login Page [url removed, login to view]).
15. There must be placeholder in the footer for my Google Analytics code.
The successful bidder will:
- Have fully read this brief spec and asked any questions before bidding.
- Be fully proficient in English
- Offer some form of basic support immediately after delivery. I am an experienced tester and will not accept code with bugs.
- Offer a reasonable price and timeline.
- Agree to 2 milestones: 75% on initial delivery and 25% on final acceptance
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online