Wordpress - Add functionality to exisiting site
This project received 13 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $264 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
This is currently a simple site that we want to improve - [url removed, login to view]
The website will have a public site and an admin site.
The key features of the public site:
• Any member of the public can register for free (hence termed a “user”)
• A user will have a profile which they can edit. This will contain basic details, some of which will be contact details, suburb, etc.
• A user can add items.
• An item will have a default image, but can have additional items.
• An item will have a serial number or unique identifier, a description, date of ownership, etc.
• A user can have any number of items added.
• A user can mark any of his items as stolen. The user can then enter additional details like police case number, investigating officer and their contact details, etc.
• A user can search the item database by either serial number or description.
• The search results will contain a small image of the item, as well as the description (or possibly only the first 200 characters of the description). The search results will indicate if it is stolen.
• The search details will show the item details, as well as additional details if it is stolen. It will also have a “contact owner” section or button (similar to Gumtree).
• All searches will be tracked and stored in the database as to which user, search expression, which items were viewed.
• Police will also be able to register. They will likely have a slightly separate register page.
• Police will also be to login, but with a slightly different login page which will ask for police badge id as well as username and password.
• The system will need some way to confirm that a police badge id number is valid. Or police registering will need to be confirmed before admin before able to login (client to confirm).
• Police are able to use the system as a normal user; though possibly with a few extra functions on some of the pages. However, police are able to add items, search items, etc. Their searches will also be tracked.
The key features of the admin site:
• It will have a different URL (eg, [url removed, login to view]\webadmin)
• No registration facility – admin users are added within the admin panel.
• Admin can view all users, items, searches done, etc.
• The email wording can be changed here (emails will be sent from the system; eg, to confirm a user’s detail when registering, etc)
• Suburb or area list (might also want province or country)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online