Custom Advanced Wordpress Plugin
This project was awarded to rubyrails for $110 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
Please only apply if you have true & proven experience with wordpress!
This plugin requires thorough knowledge of wordpress database structure and query syntax, and experience with custom fields.
This plugin is called "Wordpress Posts Filter "
This plugin create a custom wordpress archive page that allows users to filter-out posts from being displayed on the page, By date, by authors, categories, custom fields, or tags.
Additionally it allows grouping of the displayed posts by any of the fields
How it works
The plugin should have a configuration page, where the admin can choose
which Custom Fields are to be displayed in the filtering form.
- When activated, a "Filtered Wordpress" page (or archive) is created, that displays all posts in the blog (using archive template, and as many posts per page as defined in the blog).
- Above the actual content, a date range widget* and additional select boxes are displayed: Author, Categories, Tags, Custom Field[1..n] (as selected in configuration)
- Each select box shows all available existing used values for the fields.
Also, the plugin dispplays radio fields for selecting grouping, and for date sorting
[Example of form included]
The user makes his choices and press submit. The results are loaded (no ajax, regular post. Results is bookmarkable):
- If no grouping is selected, all post are listed chronologically.
- If grouping is selected, posts are displayed by the selected groups, groups are sorted alphabetically, and inside each group posts are listed chronologically
- The user can change default date behavior to ascending order.
- Date widget - please use:
[url removed, login to view]
(or alternative with same functionality)
- This extension is going to be released to the public. So only use reusable code (open source that license allows to reuse or your own code exclusively)
- Code should be clear and commented for further community development
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online