Digital Illustrator required for a Graphic Novel project
This project received 36 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $718 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I'm a writer and I have an exceptionally strong script that I have worked years on. Now that it is complete, I'm looking for a partner in this project who would illustrate the panels for my graphic novel.
Skills I'm looking for:-
1) First and foremost, my motive behind this project is to produce something innovative that has a style that is astonishingly original and aesthetically appealing. I'm sure not everybody has this kind of a style but I'm looking for someone who would be willing to be malleable and bend their preexisting skills to match the style that I'm looking for. In short, I want someone who is open to developing their skills through a lot of experimentation.
2) The ability to reproduce different facial expressions on the same character and maintaining the consistency of the look of the characters across the frames is extremely important.
3) Obviously coming up with original styles of illustration needs a great deal of experience in the software you'll be using. So naturally I'm looking for someone experienced in using whatever software they'll be using to bring my script to life.
4) Realistic rendering of Perspective and lighting are very important to achieve the effect I'm looking for.
5) Finally, I want someone who can work fast, keep up with deadlines and wouldn't be doing this as a low priority work. I understand that you may have other freelance jobs that you may be working on but I am really looking for someone who can offer utmost dedication to this project.
I have a lot of innovative ideas that I will be briefing you about once we have a mutual partnership active. Factors I'll be considering when I'm choosing the best fit for this project are:-
1) How much I like your existing work/portfolio. I'll be looking at how innovative your work is and also how well you've executed a concept. Naturally these things tell a lot about you as an artist and I'll be keen to see how original your style is.
2) How much dedication you can offer and also how interested you are in this concept of experimental graphic novel illustration.
3) How much experience you have. I am definitely open to considering someone who is young and in fact, I would encourage someone young since youth comes with the flexibility I'm looking for. However, I do want you to have more than just a few years of experience with illustration.
4) Someone who can follow instructions precisely and has good command over the English language. I have had bad experience with people who speak poor English, so this is another thing I'll be keen on.
5) One request I want to make is, please don't apply if you already have a lot of ongoing projects and can't spend enough time on this one.
I have great ambitions for this project and I've worked really hard on the script. The script is really strong and that's why this is my dream project. So I would really appreciate serious contenders who are passionate about art and creating something innovative. I want someone who would be dedicated to getting this published as much as I am.
As for the money factor, I have a figure in mind and I would like you to bid with efficiency so that you are an attractive contender. It doesn't mean that I will go for the lowest bidder. I will most definitely be paying more attention to the quality of your style. Also keep in mind that this is a partnership and not a ghost artist kind of set up. Your name will be on the published novel right by my name. You will also receive your share of the final profits after publication of the work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online