Python script for Amazon SimpleDB via proxy
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are seeking an experienced Python programmer with the following skillset:
* English skills must be excellent
* Must have experience working with proxies that require authentication
* Need to have a good understanding of working in the Windows environment (Mac would be an added bonus)
* Having experience working with Amazon's cloud package (S3, simpleDB etc) would be an advantage.
Please do not bid if you cannot accept the following:
* Must have ability to start immediately on project and finish within the deadline that is agreed upon.
* Must be willing to do corrections in case you left errors without charge after finishing a project.
Specific job description:
We are currently using the Boto package (python) for communicating with Amazon's cloud database (simpleDB). This all seems to work very well, however our software needs to run on school servers. Our problem is that we can't communicate with simpleDB via school proxy servers. The Boto developers seem to claim that Boto can already do this but we can't figure out how.
We need a solution that will enable us to:
1. Provide authentication info to school proxies (which are mostly squid proxy servers) via Boto
2. Create a connection to simpleDB via Boto+proxy
3. Upload data to simpleDB via Boto+proxy
We would also like you to provide us with a proxyserver (a twisted based one would be good) so that we can emulate the problem and test the solution on our own network.
This should be a short and simple project for anyone who knows about python and authentication proxies.
The successful applicant will need to set up their own account with AWS (Amazon web services) so that you can access simpleDB. This doesn't cost anything to setup. Unfortunatley we can't give you access to our account as we would need to give you our AWS 'secret key' which we can't do for security reasons.
The successful applicant will be working remotely for a New Zealand business. Please include resume including work experiences.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online