Managment Support Systems Report relating to case study
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $40 USD
Each member of the team should make a different selection from the range of management decisions in the case study. If two team members do decide to use the same decision, this must be justified in section 9, and there must be no overlap in the queries/reports and spreadsheets, although there should be cross-referencing to indicate whether the solutions complement each other, and how they could be used in conjunction with each other.
9. Selected Management Decision (up to 1 page)
Identify and briefly discuss the Officionado management decision selected:
· identify the stakeholder(s) for this decision and their critical success factor(s)
· outline the information requirements of managers making this decision
10. Data and Information Requirements (up to 2 pages)
Identify the data required to support the decision, including specific entities and attributes in the ODDS database, and any other data, such as external sources. Explain why any additional data has been added to the database, and its source. Outline the transformation processes required to convert data into information needed by decision maker(s). Consider: aggregation, calculation, classification, selection, sorting, summary.
11. Technical Design (up to 2 pages)
Present the technical details of the solution design, clearly identifying the data it uses and explaining how this data is transformed to produce useful information. This section should make use of one or more recognised design technique(s), e.g. Decision table/tree, STD, ERD, DFD, task analysis, flow chart, any UML techniques, etc.
12. Test Plan and Results (length depends on complexity of the application; up to 5 pages)
Provide a detailed and practical test plan. The bulk of this section should be in the form of a table detailing specific tests that have been conducted (Test Number, Condition, Input Required, Expected Outcome, Actual Result, Modification Undertaken, Comments, etc.). Provide a brief commentary, explaining how the results of testing were used to amend the design and/or implementation of the ODDS MSS.
13. Outline Solution (up to 2 pages)
Describe the MSS solution in business terms with any relevant illustrations (diagrams and screen shots from the ODDS MSS application). This section should include a brief practical justification of the ODDS MSS solution for each decision, identifying the key stakeholders and specifying the benefits this application will offer.
14. References (Group and Individual)
Use the Harvard Referencing Style to indicate details of books, case study material, documents, journal papers, websites, etc. cited in the report. There should be a single section of references covering all material used in the group and individual components.
The software will include the following:
15. Software with printouts
(software on CD/DVD/USB stick; up to 2 pages per query/report and charts/graphs)
The software submitted on CD/DVD/USB stick should include:
· a version of the Access or Oracle database with
- a menu (switchboard) or other suitable interface to facilitate user interaction;
- 3 parameter-driven queries/reports
· an Excel application using data downloaded from the database, providing dynamic functionality and using charts/graphs to illustrate trends/patterns in the data.
The printouts should show output generated by ODDS in the queries/reports, and the charts/graphs produced to support the chosen management decision.
· Provide three database queries/reports providing information relevant to the decision selected by each team member. Give clear instructions on how these are used.
· Provide a worksheet in a spreadsheet to produce charts/graphs.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online