Development of Custom E-commerce Website Using Our Design
This project received 51 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $625 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
This project involves the development of an e-commerce website using a custom design that we will provide. The number of products that will be sold on the site is relatively low (approximately 15 products) and we prefer a shopping cart and backend that is relatively simple.
1) The site will have a custom design THAT WE WILL PROVIDE TO YOU (you do not need to create the design) in Photoshop or jpg files. We can also provide any required buttons, graphics or images for the template or shopping cart.
2) The home page will be a 2-column layout with horizontal navigation buttons as well as vertical navigation in the left column. Small images of each of the products will appear on the home page and will need to link to the specific product pages.
3) The products have multiple attributes/variables such as color, size, configuration, etc. There are approximately 4 or 5 variables for each product that the user will need to select with either a pulldown menu or radio buttons. For some of these variables/attributes (such as “color”) there will need to be images next to the selection method.
4) Selecting certain specific attributes/variables may add to the cost of the product so the additional cost will need to be added to the shopping cart. Also, the attributes/variables that the buyer selects should be visible in the shopping cart (so they can verify that it is correct before completing their order).
5) Attributes/variables are required fields. The user MUST select on of the options for each attribute/variable.
6) In addition to the attributes/variables for each product, the product pages will also offer several add-on options. These add-on options will have a cost associated with them and will need to be added to the shopping cart.
7) There will need to be a link from the add-on options on each product page to an “options” page which will provide more information about the options as well as images.
8) The buyer should be able to edit the attributes/variables or options for any item in the shopping cart.
9) The cart should feature 1 page checkout (simple checkout process). There should be a simple way for the buyer to remove items from the cart and edit information.
10) The buyer should be able to purchase products without being required to set up an account.
11) The product images on the product pages should be enlargeable.
12) In addition to the home page, product pages and options page there will be the following pages that will be relatively simple layouts with images and text that we will provide:
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Shipping and Returns
- Terms and Conditions
We are familiar with Zen Cart. Our client is familiar with Wordpress so if there is a good Wordpress shopping cart that could be an option. We are also open to other shopping cart solutions as long as they address our needs.
Once this online store is complete our client intends to set up online stores similar to this one for other products so there is potential for additional work.
Please ask any questions that you have before bidding.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online