Stock Photography App & Website
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1000 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
The stock photo industry plays by old rules. It's based on pro photographers and agencies producing "stock" photos and then uploading them via a website or ftp client. Which means there's an opportunity to shake it up. The thing is everyone has an incredible camera in their pocket with them all the time (phone) and are taking incredible photos all the time. Check out the top followed accounts in Instagram for a good idea of the quality of what's being produced. The photo editing apps on phones are getting better and better as well. This tech will only continue to get stronger. Why not give anyone and everyone the ability to sell their photos.
So my thoughts are a platform that....
- Has a Phone app (iOS & Android first) that allows users to upload and sell photos from their phones to the stock site. This will include all the management and analytics for their portfolio. Photos need to be approved by admin before hitting the store.
- Obviously a website for the store with all the features of the app available as well.
- A very simple cost structure. I.e. One size, one price.
- A hash-tagging system.
- A Location tagging system so buyers can search by location. How epic would this be for news agencies who want super recent photos from places in the world where hot news topics are happening. E.g. Brazil World Cup.
- Integration with twitter will help the above point.
- A liking/Save to folder system. SImilar to how [url removed, login to view] works.
- A share system.
- A follow a photographer system.
These are the primary features for the site.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online