Mail Server Setup for Bulk Mailing
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $614 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am looking to have a new mail server setup for bulk mailing purposes, and would like a quote to carry out the following work.
If you disagree or have any concerns about the following methods proposed, then please let me know and explain the reasons why.
The mail server will be required to process emails for our bulk email marketing clients using our send & track software, and for additional clients using their own software/email clients.
1) Debian Linux 5.0 Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 on x86_64 (installed already)
2) Postfix 2.7.1-1+squeeze1
3) DKIMproxy 1.4.1
4) Postfixadmin 2.3.3 (virtual mailboxes)
5) Update webmin module/paths etc. to make use of new postfix (webmin installed already)
1) Support for postmulti(1) multiple instances.
'dedicated ip' clients will have their own postfix instance.
'shared ip' clients share a postfix instance.
currently 27 dedicated and 2 shared instances are required.
2) DKIM, Domainkeys, SenderID & SPF are required.
This is our typical bind record currently;
clientsubdomain.com. IN SOA ns1.companydomain.co.uk. admin(at)companydomain.co.uk. (
ns1.companydomain.co.uk. IN A [url removed, login to view]
ns2.companydomain.co.uk. IN A [url removed, login to view]
@ IN NS ns1.companydomain.co.uk.
@ IN NS ns2.companydomain.co.uk.
www IN CNAME www.clientdomain.com.
mail IN A [url removed, login to view]
@ IN MX 0 mail.clientsubdomain.com.
@ IN TXT "v=spf1 mx -all"
default._domainkey IN TXT "k=rsa; p=kfhjgkfjhgjfhgkjfdghfd"
3) ALL outgoing mail must be authenticated (port 587 & 25)
4) No annonymous senders or rogue relaying. Check security
5) Bind 'dedicated ip' users to use only the DOMAIN with which they are authenticated, so they can't spoof the DOMAIN. This does NOT want to be v-mailbox specific.
6) Configure separate 'check_recipient_access' for each postfix instance. This is for the user's 'hard bounces' & 'do not mail' recipient email addresses. Our software will update the appropriate client file, e.g. /vars/log/bounces/$[url removed, login to view]
7) Add/Manipulate Return-Path error(at) in headers
If SMTP auth through system(at) mailbox, then accept unique 'Return Path' address, error-12345678(at)[url removed, login to view] passed by our bulk mailing software queue injector.
Force/reset the 'Return Path' to error(at)[url removed, login to view]
The numbers 12345678 will be a unique sequence that maps to the user's bulk marketing campaign.
8) Myhostname - [url removed, login to view] ??? (please advise)
9) Optimise postfix
We currently have a mailserver setup running on a dedicated server with UK2, with the OS and software mentioned above. However it is not running multiple instances (1), nor does it have (5) (6) (7) or (8) configured. As this is a live server, I think it would be unwise to implement the requests.
We are currently designing / building a new bulk mailing software and mail queue injector. The software will manage clients and instances, however some guidance will be required on exactly what needs creating/changing in the postfix files and database to manage instances.
The new server will be setup from a standard UK2 Debian image. I will then install webmin, csf and secure the server. I do have detailed instructions on how to build postfix from source and install the required software mentioned, however I would prefer a professional to do this.
I look forward to your feedback and quotation.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online