Visual Basic Excel Userform coding
This project was awarded to danielgpratidya for £50 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
I require some VBA coding to achieve the following:
1) A user opens a userform in Excel and fills out the answers to the questions in the userform.
2) A "submit" button on the userform is clicked and the answers are sent to a database on a dedicated worksheet.
3) The answers submitted must be automatically assigned a unique number identification within the database (see attachment for clarification)
4) In the event that a user is unable to answer all the questions in one go, there must be a method to edit / add information to a previously submitted entry.
These thoughts will provide further guidance:
1) I would like the database worksheet to be hidden from the user and password protected. I do have the coding required to do this so not to worry if this is not achieved.
2) It would be nice to have a prompt after clicking on the "submit" button: Something like "Are you sure you would like to submit your answers to the database?" Also, clearing the userform after submission, so another user can answer the questions immediately after.
3) I have attached a method of doing this. I don't know if it's the best but at least it gives an idea of what I'm after.
4)This is what I am really stuck on. Imagine the user gets to question 3 and realizes that he / she doesn't have the answer. I would effectively like them to be able to submit what they have filled in, go and find the answer, come back, retrieve the partially completed userform and fill in the rest of the answers.
I am imagining perhaps an "edit" button somewhere, where a user finds their previous entry via the unique identifier and can fill in and adjust the answers to the questions as necessary, then submit the update. NOTE: I don't want it to create a new entry with a new unique identifier number, just an update on the previously completed one.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online