Develop a custom QR code reader for Windows that can modify and launch decoded url
This project received 19 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $641 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
QR codes are usually used with promoting urls. These codes are scanned with smartphones (using corresponding apps) and then the phone's browser opens the decoded url.
We're going through another approach:
- We have 2 desktop PCs. Each with touchscreen and webcam.
- Every user will generate his own QR code and will print or save to his phone as image
- Users will pass their QR code through these 2 readers, at any time, several times through each.
The key here is:
- Each PC will have its own customized win32 application QR code reader/decoder
- If user passes QR code through PC#1 the reader will launch the decoded url + custom parameter for welcome user
- If user passes QR code through PC#2 the reader will launch the decoded url + custom parameter for voting
Developer must build
- Two (2) visual win32 applications that can detect/launch the installed webcam (using a free library or free 3rdparty code or standard windows api)
- The url for each QR generated code will be +/- [url removed, login to view]
- The QR code represents each user. Code for user is unique (taken from Facebook API)
- Each QR reader software desktop win32 app should decode the QR code url and then add a custom parameter depending where the win32 app is installed (PC#1 or PC#2)
- Once QR code url is decoded and built again with custom parameter, app should launch default browser installed with the final url.
Please lemme know if you need further assistance or more detailed explanation
* User must provide the two win32 apps or one (1) single app that can be installed in Windows XP/7/8 and customized with options (in case we want to change or add more parameters to the decoded url for building the final url before launching browser)
* Please download attached image and you'll understand for sure
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online