Microsoft Access: Search function and changes
This project was awarded to Kingpin1962 for $70 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$100 USD
This project is a small project that requires some minor fixes to an existing project. The database is 90% complete but needs an experienced developer to make a number of changes. The following changes will need to be made to the project.
A button which does the following will need to be added.
• It will automatically generate a new project identifier (this is not the primary key the primary key is a separate auto number field) for the record this will be a combination of the year and the next consecutive number.
• MsgBox “ The corresponding file structure has been created”
• When a new record is created a new file directory using the mkdir statement is created
• This directory will consist of a new folder containing the new job number and a job description and six sub folders( the names of these sub folders will be hard coded as they never change)
In addition some small changes are need –
• Ensuring the information on sub forms and sub tabs is the correct information for the record. There is only the one main form which consists of two tabs but the information on the second tab does not correspond correctly.( This will become apparent once you see the forms
• An event log which is tracking changes to textboxes needs to be changed so that it tracks changes to drop down menu’s as well
The other feature we would like to build is a detailed search function which can search through a number of free text fields (text and memo) for relevant values and return a list of records that match these. If you are capable of building the search function, it would be good if you could attach a quick note on how you would build the search function.
This project needs to be completed ASAP. If you have previously built a search function in access and can re-use the code that would be ideal.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online