Drupal Website Manager - ongoing part time, cool company!
This project received 32 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $19 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
We're an Australian financial advice software company, and we need ongoing help managing our existing website. The website is in Drupal.
To get this position, you must have good English skills (written and spoken). We will need to communicate regularly (HipChat, Skype, GoToMeeting, email). We will require a Skype or GoToMeeting interview, where I will ask you to explain to me how to do a Drupal task that I don't already know how to do.
We are flexible - if you prefer a fixed amount per week rather than an hourly arrangement, we can discuss what works for both of us. Also, note that 10 hours per week is an estimate for ongoing work - we may need more in the beginning.
About the position:
Currently I manage the website, but I lack technical skills in Drupal, and do not have time to learn Drupal/web management. Our software developers have excellent Drupal/CSS/HTML skills and one of them has some web design skill, but the developers don't have time to manage the site.
I am set up as a Drupal administrator. I modify existing content (mostly text) and create/publish/unpublish pages. I have some understanding of HTML and can modify code (slowly). I have some understanding of SEO, but I am not an expert. I don't know enough to change site structure, design, styles/CSS, or graphics. Our developers don't have enough time. So this is where we need your help!
About the work:
Here are some examples of what we would ask you to do. Not all of these tasks are guaranteed to be requested.
- Replace the rotating home page banner (3 images with text boxes) with single static image (currently being created)
- Later, roll back to the existing rotating banner, and move the new static image banner onto a new page
- Change the timing of the rotation of the banner
- Modify font sizes, change the dimensions/alignment of site components
- Create a new small rotating banner, using the message text from the existing banner (3 messages)
- Explain to me how to do critical tasks in Drupal - for example, how to roll back a page (or the site) to a previous version
- Advise on design and structure; create new design elements if needed
- Create new site components, upload new graphics
- Ensure that the basic look/feel of Provisio is preserved when any modifications are done (we recently did rebranding)
- Embed videos (currently being created)
- Set up a new Downloads page, where users are required to enter their email address in order to download existing documents (e.g. white papers)
- Upload new downloadable content (PDF, videos, etc), requiring email address for download
- For users who download content, automate their email entry into a database (via an online marketing tool)
- Testing - ensure that all buttons and links are working (no 404s)
- Understand SEO sufficiently to avoid pitfalls
- Advise on how to make our existing media page into an interactive forum, where users register and then comment on any of our media releases
- Advise on how to create other pages that are interactive with the public
- Advise/discuss the use of marketing tools (such as Woofoo, mailchimp, awebr) as they relate to the site
- Ensure that the site is secure ongoing
We'll start with a trial period where you'll explain to me how to do certain things in Drupal, and I will administer the site under your instruction. Once we're both sure that we're happy with the arrangement, we'll give you the access you'll need (which will require signing an NDA).
When you bid, please submit a written description of why you are suited to the job (in addition to your CV) and let me know which time zone you are in to schedule a Skype/GoToMeeting interview. If there are any items listed that you don't understand, please ask for clarification on the public message board. For us, generally anytime from 10AM to 11PM Australian Eastern time can work for an interview.
Thank you and all the best,
Website: [url removed, login to view]
Location: Eltham, Victoria, Australia
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online