Improve and refactor our current website into a CMS editable one
This project received 26 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1000 - $4000 USD
Please be serious and read all the project description before bidding, we will not award the project to anyone likely to drop us along the way and fade into the dark.
If you are still reading this, here is the project description:
Basically, our current website [url removed, login to view] would need to be refreshed and improved. Our secretary is for now unable to modify it's content and therefore we need to add a CMS in the hood so that I would not have to edit the php files myself (the web designer talking). Moreover, our job is to develop iOS and Android apps which means a lot of our customers are visiting our website using one of those touch devices. The website therefore should be adaptive i.e. to fit the current browser's screen (responsive CSS). Read below for the full project description:
- The website will have to be displayed almost the same way the most common browsers Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox, etc
- The website should comply with touch devices such as iOS and Android. If there is menu, they must be usable the same way with a finger.
- The content should scale accordingly to the user's screen size. For example:
- Multiple columns will be displayed in one if the width is not large enough.
- Top navigation menu will disappear or be adapted to the current width.
- Useless content will be hidden if they are not active component and take more than a third of the display.
A good approach would be to use twitter bootstrap. Here is a good example : [url removed, login to view]
- The new website will be localizable though a top menu bar.
- Fallback if no translation are available will be english.
- The CMS will allow the administrator to edit the pages, and our team to translate them.
- The manuals and other downloadable material shall be addable via the administration console.
- The feature comparison list (as they appears in the AirNavigation Addons tab) will also have to be quickly editable (their contains screenshots too)
- Simple to add more products
- Versioning would be a huge plus, we have to be able to quickly backup the website and redeploy it if needed.
- The current website do have 4 products pages and one page for the company.
- Each of those pages has sub tabs (with a maximum of 3 sub tabs)
- Product : A custom page for each product showing it's features and demo if applicable
- Support : A page with some FAQ and or manuals to download + a link on our support center
- Addons : The plugins and add-ons available.
- The website is built on top of CodeIgniter, using bootstrap for the scaffolding and overall design, we currently do not make use of any database.
- We are not restricted to any technology, the server is a dedicated one running under linux (debian).
- We do like (no to say love) JSON, MongoDB, Mustache and Bootstrap.
- Avoid proprietary solution, if we need to buy a theme or a framework it's fine but nothing including a recurrent cost or a close one.
- We will provide all the mandatory material (images, .ps, .ai) we used for building our current website.
- The candidate should propose a CMS framework solution fulfilling the requirement above and be able to argue for his choice.
- To be able to provide a smooth 2013 website design, we are quite satisfied with the current one but it needs to be "refreshed"
- To be accurate, serious and creative.
- Be skilled in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowing the meteor and ember projects would be a proof or your current knowledge is the state of the art / emerging web technologies.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online