Template Mockup and HTML Conversion
This project received 24 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $252 NZD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Spike@School is a Website and Learning Management System for schools (based largely in New Zealand). We're looking for someone who can create a website mockup for a customer, receive feedback on this mockup, alter it as necessary until the client is happy with it, and then convert it to HTML5 for use in our CMS.
The basic process is as follows:
* The school signs up or requests a template redesign
* We request from them (and they supply) the school logo, school colours, images they want to use in the template, and optionally any ideas that they have for how the template should look. The ideas could be written and/or sketches.
* We then hand these to the designer who will create a mockup. The designer forwards this to us, we forward it to the client.
* We receive feedback from the client. If the client is happy move to the next step, otherwise we'll inform the designer of the changes required. We go back and forth like this until the client is happy.
* The designer will then turn this design into HTML5. Since this is for a CMS we have some special tags that fill in the body area and index bar etc...
* The designer passes this code and the assets on to us. We'll upload the code and assets to their website and confirm that all is working well.
* Provided the template applies cleanly and works in all modern browsers the job will be complete.
We use Dropbox to share and collaborate on designs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent design skills coupled with excellent HTML5 and CSS coding skills (or be in a team that can meet this standard). I have attached a recent design done by another of our designers, and also a zip file containing a HTML5 implementation of the template.
Visit [url removed, login to view] to see examples of our current school sites. All sites have a body area that the school controls, and the index bar contents are built from the system though their styling is up to you. We generally will base the HTML5 implementation of a new template on an existing recent template to ensure speed and accuracy is maintained so we don't mind you doing this also. Sometimes the school will request an animated header image (as per the example attached) and we use jquery_cycle for this.
The successful applicant may be awarded future contracts based upon their performance. We're looking to build a long term relationship of benefit to both parties.
If you can provide examples of work similar to what we're requesting that would be an advantage to you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online