Create Events Section for Brooklyn-based Website
This project received 47 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $769 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250-$750 USD
The name of our website, graphic examples and more are included in the attached PDF. Looking for developers with Wordpress and Responsive Design experience and a big plus if you have worked with the Wordpress plugin "Events Manager" or have created event sections/calendars for other websites. We chose the $250-$750 budget range because we plan on the developer customizing an existing plugin, but prices are negotiable based on your recommendations.
Background: We would like to launch an events section for our website (address is in the attached PDF) based in Brooklyn, New York for concerts, arts, festivals and other activities occurring around New York City. We plan to expand the events section to other cities (Miami and LA) within the next 12 months. Many of the event sections/calendars we have seen are clunky, not intuitive and not well designed. We'd like to create the opposite that looks great on desktop and mobile and can quickly connect users to events happening in their City.
General Technical Requirements:
• We are currently using “Events Manager” plugn ([url removed, login to view]), but are open to other recommendations if you think there is a better solution
• 50% of our visitors visit the website on a phone or tablet, making the mobile experience very important.
• Events section must have responsive layout (current site uses responsive design and this template: [url removed, login to view])
• Designed for desktop and mobile use
• We expect the section will use the standard blog template with our website theme, which includes the main body and right sidebar, but are open to recommendations. We need to keep advertisements, which currently appear in the right sidebar
• If you have any ideas of ways to auto-populate event entries, let us know. This will make our job easier so we don’t have to manually enter each event
Activities Search Requirements
• Search by borough (i.e. Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island)
• Search by type of activity (e.g. concerts, bars, festivals)
• Search by date
• Search by week
• Various examples of mobile layouts we like are on in the attached document. The last example is a desktop version.
• We like the current article layout on the iphone version of our website and are looking for something similar with a few additions
• Show distance between user’s current location and events (when on a mobile device)
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online