Weather Desktop Application (Windows)
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $151 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100-$200 USD
Create a simple, user friendly and effective windows desktop app to display weather data as follows:
* Programming language: C++.
* Supported OS: win7 and win xp.
* The app will show worldwide weather from a weather webservice (weather API that returns weather data in XML/JSON).
* The app will show high and low temperature of each day (current weather and 5 days forecast), weather description, weather icon and wind speed.
* Moreover, the app will show local time - whereas the graphic shall be dark look&feel at night (12:00 am to 6:00 am) and light look&feel at day.
* The app will show whether icons of sun, clouds, rain, storm, etc + a field which actually describes the weather condition - if it is sunny or rainy, etc.
* The user will choose to display temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
* The user will choose the location - country and city - worldwide, and have more than one location be viewable if chosen.
* The app will be accessed (after installation) from the windows taskbar via a taskbar icon, whereas 1 click on the taskbar icon will show a small window with the current weather, additional click on the small window shall open a bigger window with a 5 days weather forecast at the center of the screen (the user may choose a full screen display option, and minimized display).
* User friendly interface and attractive design - similar (but not identical of course!) to the following weather app - [url removed, login to view]
* The app should be easy to use and bug free.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online