Design to port Web UI to Iphone/Ipad/Android Platform
This project was awarded to glogo for $700 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We have an existing web-based application we want to port to a tablet platform - either Ipad, Android or both.
The existing application is used to search for and retrieve stored media records (audio and video) based on a table of about 20 fields (although only 5 or so get used with much frequency). Once retrieved, the media file is played and a scoring or evaluation form is filled out to "score" the media file.
This ipad/android version needs to be optimized to accommodate the smaller screen of the devices, and emphasize the scoring aspect of the application, so there is some redesign required. We also want to add location and photo functions to this app, although they are not currently part of the existing web-app.
The major functions of the application are:
-Form design (to create scoring forms)
-Admin (table management - updating users, etc.)
This project is for the design only. The deliverables would be mocked-up screen shots to show how the application would be built with links from one page to another. We currently use Oversite, although we are open to another tool for wireframe. (We're aware that even MS Word can be used for such a purpose.)
Note that we do not require that the design work as a native application, but you should tell us if your design will require native application development.
Note also that we have not determined whether the application will initially be for Apple or Android platforms. You must include in your bid whether your design would be limited to one platform or the other.
The successful bidder who does a good job will be first in line for additional design work and/or the actual coding of the app, depending on their qualifications.
Please tell us the following in your bid:
1) If you have done ipad app design and/or development work in the past and for what kind of app
2) If you have done android app design and/or development work in the past and for what kind of app
3) If you have done ipad or android development work and for what kind of apps
4) What wireframe or design tool you would use and what output you would provide (PDF files, oversite files, etc.)
5) Estimated time to completion, assuming about 30 defined "pages" in the application.
We do not expect a final bid initially. Instead, we will select a few of the bidders and send them the wireframe of the existing application after they have signed a non-disclosure agreement. Once you have the wireframe and a more complete description of the architecture we will expect a firm bid you can commit to.
Include in your bid at least two rounds of rewrites. That is, we will expect you to produce a first draft and we will ask for changes at least twice. (The attachment is our start at a first draft.)
Note the following requirements to bid on this project:
1) Description of previous experience designing and/or developing smartphone/tablet apps
2) Description of the wireframe tool you will use
3) Prior experience in app development and wireframe use
4) Willingness to sign NDA
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online