Firefox extensions+jquery: replacing words with textfields
This project was awarded to majid4466 for $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
Firefox extensions using jquery for substituting a given list of words with a text input.
Hello. I would like to have a firefox extension which does the following:
1) load jquery
2) replace words with input element of type text
3) for every text field implement a little word-matching game.
1) Load jquery (version > 1.3). I am aware that loading Jquery could be a bit complicated for FF extensions, but I would like to reuse the projects in other contextes, and work on it again. That’s why I really want to use JQuery.
More information about how to include jquery here:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]+extension+jquery
2) When the Extension is active everytime a new page loads a function will be called.
The function replaces every instance a given word (configurable) in the body of the html document with a input element of type text.
In the attached example the list of words to replace contains just the word “browser”, but it should work with more words.
3) For every replacement a new “game” has been created. When the user click enter after writing in a text field, the typed word will be matched with the word which have been replaced by the text field:
if the typed word is correct, than the text field will disappear, and the word will be printed like in the original text;
I would like to have delivered the source code of the extension.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online