Web Development - (Microsoft stack)
This project received 30 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1014 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking for a web developer. Please review the requirement below. More will be discussed once we finalize on the developer.
1) A browser based application to manage shipments by a delivery/logistics company (Plan to support IE, then Chrome and Firefox).
2) Core features:
a) Add, update, delete, assign shipments
b) Maintain contact information including employees, delivery boy's, and business customers.
c) Upload bulk shipments via csv files, from outside providers, using standard or custom mapping.
d) User workflow would be save actions, preview, submit and send all to various receipients via email/print.
3) What we are expecting - UI component(s) only, all middle-tier and backend DB work is being done on our side.
4) TargetTechnlogies :
a) IIS with .Net 3.5 framework
b) [url removed, login to view] + java script or vb script on client, AJAX
c) IE 6.0 onwards + Chrome
d) Middle tier will host all business logic + DB connectivity
e) Web server logic will only interface with the Middle tier business logic.
5) There will be login screen and the application should be https. It may be intranet or internet based app.
6) Messaging between web server side code and middle tier, will be via xml format messages, whose schema will be agreed to before actual development.
7) User roles will be defined and permissions given accordingly. Permissions for each action of UI will be validated after user login and passed on to the UI for each page, per action. Action is enabled if explicit permission is given from the business logic
8) Drop down values would be send from the business logic via function calls and should be dynamically populated
9) Grid values should also be dynamic - header, datatype, formatting code and rows will be provided from business logic via function calls, using predefined xml schema's.
10) From home page, user will be directed to Shipments detail page. Grid will be pre-populated with "unassigned" and "in-transit" shipments. UI/Webserver logic should be agnostic to this data
9) User level customizations is nice to have and will be phase II. These can be things like grid column order, filter settings, number of rows per page, etc.
11) Data entry screens will have very basic validations, to be elaborated later.
12) Detailed sequence of actions that will need to happen in response to each user action will be elaborated. In general, overlay window will indicate a progress icon when submit button is clicked, wait for the response from the server, show any errors if any are returned, else close the window/overlay/div and add the newly added/updated row to the grid. Reset will revert the values back to the original values, when the overlay was opened. Cancel will discard that action and close the overlay.
13) Each action item will have tool tip displayed - content to be provided by the middle tier.
14) UAT scenarios will be listed as part of the complete detailed requirements.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online