notification messaging asp.net , ajax
This project was successfully completed by RainbowTechs for $475 USD in 9 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$150 - $600 USD
Completed In9 days
this application will be used to provide two way communication
between two Persons. The communication will be based on database
Notifications table. (this is not instant messaging ). The widget design is provided
in sample project (see attachment)
FancyBox. ([url removed, login to view])
SQL Server 2008 R2
Please use fancybox provided in sample project, i modified source code to make
it work with [url removed, login to view] forms. The above link is only for API docs. Please note that all needed
sources files, fancybox init and css are loaded from master page.
1) display last unread notification
2) reply to notification from widget
3) send new notification from widget
4) list all notification in a separate page using GridView (assume page name is "[url removed, login to view]" for reference)
5) reply/send/read notification from list of notification by selecting any notification from [url removed, login to view]
(notification text can loaded into the same fancybox used to send/reply)
6) application will consist of two separte functional pages, page with Widget (currently [url removed, login to view]) and [url removed, login to view]
with list of all messages in a Grid.
7) Mark notification as Deleted from [url removed, login to view] (you can do postback for this, ajax not needed ) and from Widget (ajax only)
1) last unread notification should be refreshed every 5 seconds using ajax. (no postbacks)
2) send/reply functions should be performed without postback, using ajax only. Failure of send/reply should be
and fancybox should stay open.
3) Next/Previous arrows should provide paging to next/previous notification without postback (ajax)
4) Read Later button should mark notification as such and not show it in widget without postback (ajax)
5) Mail (Envelope) button (top right corner) should toggle notification as read/unread without postback (ajax)
6) when replying then To field can be label (no need from dropdown there)
7) when sending new notification then To field should be dropdown to select a name of Person to send notification to.
(in the sample app I only used dropdown fro both)
Please use two tables to store data: Persons, Notifications
and one lookup table "NotificationStatuses". Please use PersonID to link Persons and Notifications tables and
also use PersonID in your code to implement all functionality.
In addition to all common fields Notification will have Status field. It could have at least one of statustes
3) Read Later
Well, Persons table should have First, Last name fields and Notifications table should have "SenderPersonId", "RecieverPersonId",
MessageText, DateRecieved etc (use common sense and add all fields you think are needed.)
If you are capable of implementing fishhook or other means of tracing and displaying history
of selected conversation from start to last reply on a separate page please let me know,
I will take it into account this when considering your bid. This is not required though.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online