Configuring Classic ASP "Access Database" Generated Web Pages to run on IIS 7.5
This project was successfully completed by Alphaonee for $100 USD in 5 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In5 days
We upgraded the hosting server from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 R2 7 (IIS 7.5). This is a Classic ASP static website with a small dynamic section generated using an Access Database. The dynamic Access Database generated web pages do not work (500 Error) on Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2. However the rest of the site which is static pages Classic ASP, works with out issue. Research indicates some configuration in IIS is required to rectify the problem. We want someone to get this to work on their own Windows 7 (IIS 7.5) and then assist us with instructions on what we need to change on our server to enable these pages to work.
Seeking expert in IIS 7.5, Access Database, Classic ASP
1. According to IIS / Microsoft forums, it seems this can be fixed by changing some settings. As such, we expect there are settings that can be changed to accommodate the access database.
2. A URL will be provided that shows the site working on an Apache / Windows Hybrid.
3. FTP will be provided to download the current version of the site
4. The provider is to upload a copy of the site onto their Windows 7 / 2008 R2 IIS 7.5.
5. To be considered as a candidate you should be familiar with this issue. See provided URL resources on how to fix this or similar issues.
To complete this job:
6. Provider makes these Access Database pages work on their own version of Windows 7 / Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5
7. Provides how to steps to recreate same results
8. Provides support until same is achieved for us.
9. Solution must not compromise site security. Keep in mind when exploring permissions and please do not change to 32 bit from 64 bit unless absolutely necessary. If necessary, identify impact on security
Only providers that are familiar with this type of issue should apply for this project.
In your bid, please explain what knowledge you have about this issue and any experience. Also give estimate of time to complete.
If you are not familiar with this scenario please DO NOT apply.
Some say you need to change from 64 bit to 32 bit because Access does not run in 64, however another said you don’t need to go that route, saying instead to create an application pool
1. [url removed, login to view] (this one looks very good, it says you can do this easier by NOT changing permissions and having Access run in 64 bit via the application pool)
2. [url removed, login to view] (nice
3. [url removed, login to view]
4. [url removed, login to view]
5. [url removed, login to view]
6. [url removed, login to view]
7. [url removed, login to view]
8. [url removed, login to view]
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online