The objective of this project is to develop ASP.NET Web application for IIS 7.5 , which allows secure access files from Internet Explorer, dynamically list files from the directory on the Web Page(within IE) as a grid with rows for each file and with sortable columns, each column is based file name well known pattern or descriptor(e. g. comma separated fields embedded into file name) and on double click it should pass chosen file as parameter to XYZ ActiveX control viewer. If XYZ ActiveX control is not available , then it should prompt the client to download required XYZ ActiveX control from the server and install it on local workstation.
ASP.NET C# Web Application - Dynamically List files within gridview and pass files to ActiveX control
1. ASP.NET C# Web Application based on Visual Studio 2010 project and deployable to IIS 7.5
2. Client Internet Explorer 7 , 8
3. Secure access to files based on roles
4. Dynamically List files within gridview. One file per grid row with column for each comma separated field of the file name and title based on descriptor and configurable layout for each column
5. Should provide Configurable column layout, Paging and filtering option for each value.
6. Clicking on a field title should sort in ascending order, clicking again on the same field should flip the sort order.
7. An option to search for specific rows should also be provided. The option should prompt for starting and ending dates and times (accurate to 1 second).
8. Allow for marking multiple rows and requesting to save to a user's local path. Admin role should able to delete chosen files.
9. Double Clicking on any raw would launch [url removed, login to view] (Activex control) and pass the file as parameter. This will result in processing file by [url removed, login to view] and displaying.
10. If [url removed, login to view] is not installed/registered/available on client's workstation, then after login it should prompt client to install required ActiveX control from the server. Should launch the download and [url removed, login to view] installation process and install ActiveX control along with required help files ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view])
11. The active component should be called using the HTML object command. Files are passed to the active component using the HTML PARAM command. The passed parameter must be called “MyProp”.
<object id="XYZ" width="970" height="525"
codebase="…\[url removed, login to view]">
<PARAM NAME="MyProp" Value="%TEMP%\field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6,field7,field8,field9,[url removed, login to view]">
By default file names are composed of ten (10) comma separated fields.
The fields are:
• Fault Date: The date of the fault (formatted as YYMMDD)
• Fault Time: The time of the fault (formatted as HHMMSSMMM)
• Time Code: The offset from GMT time (formatted as +/- hours + t + prefault cycles)
• Substation: Name of the Substation
• Equipment: Name of the equipment
• Company: Name of the Company
• Target: Faulted phase designation
• Duration: The total time it took to clear the faulted condition in milliseconds
• Magnitude: Fault magnitude
• Rate: sampling frequency during the fault capture in Hz
An example filename is shown below (the extension is not shown):
110916, 211331126, -4t6, SUBSTATION#1, D-ZYZ47-1L-7, XYZ-COMPANY, 85-1/F7E-PHA, 76, 3120, [url removed, login to view]
Fault Date,Fault Time,Time Code,Substation,Equipment,Company,Target,Duration,Magnitude,Rate