General program specifications:
A computer system designed for production lines parameterization, which based on the introduced parameters allows to create, save and export appropriate patterns of goods (products) placements in baskets (for example in pallets).
2. General principles of the system
The application will be run on desktop computers or on laptops and will be designed for designing appropriate placement patterns packed into containers "baskets" of various products 'loads'. The pattern creation and export to the appropriate stencil will be possible by means of properly designed application interface.
2.1. Starting the system
- runtime application of a "exe" type working on Microsoft Windows XP, 7 and 8 systems.
- the system runs on desktop computers or on laptops
- main system functions (creation, editing and deleting) should be protected with a password
2.2. Entering and editing of the data
- entering and editing of data to the system will take place at the application level via the keyboard or control panel located in the main window.
2.3. Data storage
- all entered data (concerns patterns and configurations) used by the system will be stored in database based on MSSQL 2012.
2.4. Communication and data export
- main objective of the system is the possibility of establishing appropriate placement patterns and their saving to text files (a record of patterns’ placement parameter)
- saving a flat visualization of a pattern to "pdf" Acrobat Reader will be an additional function.
- saving files will be done through a regular saving the file to any place on the disk or by exporting it to an FTP server using the TCP protocol.
- the FTP server parameters should be configured in the application in the „Configuration” section.
2.5. Programming language
- the system ought to be programmed in C # language (preferred technology of drawing placement patterns - WPF).
2.6. Additional requirements
- Contractor shall not use "Freeware" and "Shareware" solutions (modules, components) for programming excluding solutions we can commercial using.
- The Contractor shall transfer all proprietary copyrights to the developed software, the source codes and the documentation produced by the Contractor.
3. More information’s
3.1. The outline of data structure (SQL database):
- baskets file
- loads file
- table of placement patterns
- definitions of types of layers
- table of layer layouts inside a pattern
- table of additional parameters
- table of configuration parameters
3.2. Preliminary project of the main window:
The minimal screen’s size for the application: 1024x768.
Window consists of:
a) main menu ( expanded with additional functions)
b) area containing various spaces for choosing items (data) from the files and a graphic 2D window for designing the system of loads on the layer.
Application screenshot: In the annex.
3.3. The outline of system functions:
a) User permissions - view without a password and the ability of editing and creating new designs after logging in.
b) Creation of placement patterns of loads on pallets.
- adding basket parameters
- adding load parameters
- defining types of layers
- defining layer layouts
- designing placement patterns on pallets
c) Tools to help creating patterns:
- A forming layer B by copying layer A
- even distribution along the X or Y axis
- aligning the selected loads to the first load in X or Y axis
- moving selected loads by set value
- signaling about a too short distance between the loads
- possibility of displaying, in the background, another designed layer
d) Saving to disk or export of output file (text) with pattern parameters on the FTP server.
e) Export of placement pattern parameters and of flat visualization (2D projections containing load layouts on pallets) to PDF.
f) Export of a list (names) of all patterns to a text file.