Transfer &amp; setup 2 [url removed, login to view] websites to a new host
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 4
This job is to move two websites from their current windows hosting to a new windows plesk host. The current host has provided backups of both websites files and databases which are available for download (link and passwords will be provided). I do not have direct access to the current FTP of the sites, so the backed up files and databases (in zip format) is all that’s provided.
The two websites both use a similar custom made content management system which has the following specification:
[url removed, login to view] websites with Microsoft SQL server.
Thunderstone Webinator search, CuteEditor, ISAPI Rewrite.
One site has ClickCart asp with a Microsoft Access mdb database. Although this should be transferred and setup we plan to remove this in the future.
I have been assured by the new host that all this will run on the new windows server with Plesk control pabnel but you may need to install Thunderstone Webinator search. The new host runs Plesk as a control panel so this can be used to manage the whole transfer, you must be familiar with plesk to complete this task.
1. Download and check the zipped backup files and database.
2. Setup two hosting accounts for the two domains using the new hosting plesk control panel.
3. Restore the two websites and databases to the new hosting server
4. Test the two websites and databases to make sure functionality is perfect. This should be done on temporary domain names (or IP) to test the sites before the domains are transferred.
5. Setup DNS information on the new hosting accounts which was taken from the old host. (This will be provided once you get to this stage).
6. Double check website functionality and all DNS settings before final confirmation of completed task.
7. I will then change the nameservers for the two domains to point to the new hosting which will set the websites live.
8. You should be available to test the sites once they go live.
This is to be completed within 24 hours of being chosen as the winning bidder, this is a very urgent project which is for 2 very high level clients so no downtime is wanted.
Payment will be made 100% when its completed, please do not ask for milestones or escrow as we wont do it as we have been stung in the past.
Once the sites are transfered there are additional tasks to be made to one of the sites which will be needed this week and then on a monthly basis so a long term relationship is needed for a [url removed, login to view] expert. Only bid if you have done this before and are an expert.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online