This project was successfully completed by JABryant for $40 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
Completed In2 days
Argumentative Essay Assignment
Review the lecture notes that discuss reading for and writing an argumentative essay. Choose a prompt from the four provided below to argue in an essay about James Baldwin’s “Sonny’s Blues”.
• The hardships faced by those living in Harlem (as documented in Sonny’s Blues” are what drove Sonny (and many others) to become addicts.
• There is a lack of progress and change in Harlem during the 50’s, which is the setting for “Sonny’s Blues”, and this lack of progress causes a cyclical hopelessness for Harlem residents.
• Issues associated with segregation aside, the narrator of “Sonny’s Blues”, Sonny’s big brother, disliked Harlem but stayed because of ties to family and those living in the community.
• The narrator and Sonny’s relationship is similar to the relationship between their father and his murdered brother.
Remember that this essay should follow all MLA guidelines and should be at least three FULL pages in length.
Also, the essay needs to include at least two sources outside the text. For instance, if you plan to write about addiction, you may cite an internet source on addiction- particularly heroin. If discussing Harlem you can cite a source that talks about poverty in Harlem in the 1950’s. MLA citation guidelines must be adhered to.
You should employ the use of literary terms in your essays as well. When you discuss aspects of the plot, use the word “plot”; if discussing “darkness” as presented in SB, use the term “theme”, etc.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online