- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 CAD
- Total Bids 35
Topic: According to Campbell, sole authorship and freedom are both necessary conditions for moral responsibility. In Campbell’s estimation, both hard and soft determinism are incapable of satisfying either of these conditions. Write an essay in which you focus on Campbell’s analysis of sole authorship and freedom and make clear how he addresses the criticisms of determinism. In the course of your essay you should address the following:
1. Why does Campbell believe that an account of freedom such as Ayer’s is not sufficient for moral responsibility? What account of freedom does he offer in its place?
2. What does Campbell mean by sole authorship and why does he believe that it is a necessary condition for moral responsibility?
3. What objection do Ayer and Ree raise against the notion of sole authorship? How does Campbell defend his position against this objection?
4. Determinists dismiss free will as a mere illusion. What is their argument? What does Campbell offer by way of a rebuttal?
5. State your own position with respect to Campbell’s position regarding either the reality sole authorship or free will. (Your conclusion need not exceed one-half page.)
You do not need to address these questions in the order they are given. Simply use these questions as a guide when writing your essay. Your grade will be determined largely on how well your essay addresses 1-4.
Required readings: Course Text pp243-281.
Be sure you read the information below.
Length: 1300-1650 words. You must stay within these limits. Essays that exceed or fall short of this limit are subject to penalty (3 marks per 100 words). Indicate on the cover of your essay the word length of your essay.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online