Looking for Academic writer: Must have at least Masters in Marketing and have a good command over English
This project was awarded to Sid009 for $30 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I need an essay on the following topic, all the instructions have attached. Thank you
Subject: Business, Essay
Topic: Markeaton Park
Fixed Pay: $40 (No negotiation please, and lets start the work)
Case Study: The Markeaton Park Project 2012
Markeaton Park is Derby’s most visited and heavily used park and one of the most visited destinations in the East Midlands area, with a wide range of recreational and sporting facilities and attractions. However there has been a lack of investment in the park’s infrastructure over many years, with the park becoming tired and worn out. Many of the facilities on offer no longer meet the needs of today’s visitors, with increasing competition from other attractions. Despite this the park still retains a good reputation as a place to visit, but a continued lack of investment could lead to a self perpetuating spiral of decline.
The park faces many challenges to halt the slow decline and to retain and build on its city and regional standing as a visitor attraction. Some of the key issues and features of the park include, but are not limited to:
1. Reduced takings at the Mundy Play Centre, possibly indicating a fall in visitor numbers, reduced availability of facilities through restricted opening hours and less willingness of visitors to pay for below quality facilities and attractions
2. Intermittent and irregular opening hours on a number of the park’s private concessions, meaning that visitors are not sure what will be open when they visit.
3. Declining budgets available to maintain and manage the park, leading to reduced levels of staff and possible closure of facilities or further reduced opening times.
4. Slow decline in horticulture standards and features such as loss of herbaceous borders and bedding, indicating a reduced level of care by the Council.
5. Poor visitor experience when entering the park, in particular from the A38 leading to the main car park.
6. The park itself is a 20th century park set out within an 18 century historic parkland and remains an attractive place to visit for informal recreation, such as family picnics. However many people are unaware of the size and extent of the park as access is poor, with few footpaths and lack of signage.
7. Its size allows for the staging of major city events, such as the annual firework display and funfair. However this increases the pressure on the parks infrastructure and historic parkland.
8. Deterioration in the parks historic fabric, such as the listed Orangery, coupled with some poor quality spaces such as the stable courtyard that detract from the visitor experience.
• To halt the slow decline and restore the park’s standing as a visitor attraction.
• To increase visitor numbers
• To increase income that can be used to reinvest in the park in improved maintenance and management and provision of higher quality of facilities.
• To protect and improve the parks historic and natural fabric
2 Instructions files attached:
Deadline: 1 day 21h 06m
Language Style: English (U.K.)
Sources: up to you.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online